Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories In on Dashboard isn't accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've noticed two things recently.... For the past few weeks, on my Fitbit dashboard, the "Calories In" doesn't automatically update when I start the app. I have to click in that tile to get it to pull from MFP (where I log my food).  Then the tile would update.  Although annoying, it wasn't the end of the world. 

As of last week, the "Calories In" tile isn't updating correctly. After I click in the tile, the food information refreshes and shows how many calories in, out and left. But when I go back to the dashboard, it only updates calories eaten. The amount I have left to eat does not match what is listed when I click in the tile itself (which is what I'm using as the correct information).

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Thanks for joining the Forums @Diami03!

There is a chance that the information is not being loaded up correctly from our servers. In this case I'd recommend that you log out of the app and then log back in. Whenever I have situation with data not loading correctly this has helped me.

Hope you find this useful! Let me know if you have any further questions! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

That was my very first troubleshooting technique and that did not solve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Diami03. Thanks for letting me know that you had already tried that.

Could you please take a screen shot showing the discrepancy that you mentioned? That should let me get more details about what is causing this to happen.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20170609-173141.png

Screenshot_20170609-173128.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reported this issue over a month ago to customer service. .same moderator replied to me as well...why this is not fixed yet is beyond me..very frustrating for sure since the app is using the lower calorie number when calculating the calories remaining. .I supplied screen shots as well..Apple users are not having this issue, only Android. .I got my fitbit from QVC, I reported it to them as well and put in my review. ..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Diami03 and @baisdent.

@Diami03 in that instance, what should be the actual number for the calories in?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit

I also have this issue and have not used my surge today.

Please find screenshots in the following thread https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/calorie-count-is-incorrect/m-p/2021007#M68892

The same values are present online, android app, and windows 10 app so this is not an issue with them and is instead either A - something the tracker has added, or B - something FitBit servers have added!

Interestingly, whilst my Fitbit account is linked to MyFitnessPal, MyFitnessPal has NOT accepted these additional calories and is instead sticking to my sedentary levels (whoch would be correct as no calories consumed)

Best Answer
0 Votes

The total numbers of calories in, is correct in both screen shots...130. The issue is with representing how many calories I have left. They don't match.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct..remaining calories are way out of snyc which happened after the early May upgrade. .Screenshot_2017-06-16-08-16-24.png

Screenshot_2017-06-16-08-16-43.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reaching back @Diami03 and @baisdent! You really helped me visualize the situation.

After I fully understood I did some digging. Our team is already aware of this issue, however we do not have any updates or workarounds at the moment. I will continue to look for updates. Please be sure that we will be letting you know whenever there is any update.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer

When is this issue going to be fixed. I just switched to android and did not have this issue with the app on my iPhone. Please fix asap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it's extremely frustrating and it has been going on for months.. I've called several times, posted and still nothing...and your absolutely right this is not happening with Apple users.. started with Android users after an update....hang in there, maybe someone will eventually pay attention to these posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @baisdent and @DarrellAdams.

I understand how frustrated you must feel. Please do know that our team is aware of the situation and it is being worked on. While we have not received any news or updates on the matter, I'll be sure to keep my eyes open and look for anything I can let you know.

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer

This is also happening to mine. I enter the food and it updates on that page but it does not update on dashboard.   What's up? Can this be fixed?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Col0909.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Have you tried going through the steps that I have shared on this thread? It should definitely be useful to try them to see if the issue is resolved that way. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
Thanks for getting back to me. I figured it out. It was my error.
Best Answer

Hey @Col0909.

Thanks for letting me know that you figured it out. Glad to read that everything is in order now.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about and discuss with other forum members.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

What exactly are "the steps" ? Logging off and back in didn't fix anything. It's been well over a year and this issue still has not addressed by Fitbit...

Best Answer

Hello @baisdent.

I understand that this must be frustrating, but is a user is coming into this thread for the first time it is definitely worth it that they try what has been suggested before.

I will try to get an update on this situation and as soon as I get anything I'll be sure to post about it in here.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes