Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the constant issues going to be resolved?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a genuine question (not just griping and not looking for a nonexistent solution or troubleshooting). Are there larger issues with fitbit support and are they going to be a permanent thing? The reason I ask in the android forum is that from what I understand Apple does not have the same issues.

Over the past few months I've noticed a serious increase in the number of users who have issues with the devices not syncing. Mine has gotten worse with every update to the point that the only way to sync is to leave background syncing on and hope it syncs (except that sleep will only sync manually, even when my steps sync). The repeated (and only) response from fitbit is that my device is not compatible (even though a lot of the users do have compatible devices, and mine worked fine until an update). It is always a user issue, never fitbit's issue. 

More recently with the notification issue I see suggestions that don't work and the same scripted responses that show the poster did not even read the issue. At the same time there are more invasive permissions being required and blamed on Android requirements, even though other apps I have that could legitimately require invasive permissions to perform their tasks don't ask for these. Again, it's Android's fault, not fitbit's. 

My concern/question is, is fitbit phasing out long term support for Android or are things just really bad right now? I would like to continue with fitbit, but if this is a permanent problem then it seems pointless. My fitbit has been sitting on a table for over a week and I haven't noticed a difference because the level of usefulness is the same. I would really just like to know an answer instead of receiving the same copy and paste answers.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @CM9,

I wanted to acknowledge your post, but I don't think anyone in the community here can answer questions like these. It seems things like "larger issues" and "permanent" would only be speculation on anyone's part?

We can't predict the future, or Fitbit's future. That said, I would be surprised if Fitbit dropped support for Android devices overall. It's just a matter of which devices are compatible. Some people have gotten some or most of the features working on unsupported phones, but there's no promise those will keep working going forward. 

Sorry if that's not satisfying but it's the best answer I have.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Are you seriously saying that once you have paid for your fibbit that there is no guarantee that it will function beyond the next update. Because that is how that reads. As for compatible phones, judging by other threads they hardly exist.

As a UK user that the barcode scanner is only for the US is not made clear anywhere until you find other people complaining here.

Fibbit have our cash and couldn't give a monkeys about the services they are supposed to be providing. 

I was initially quite taken with my charge 2 but as the updates continue I am getting more synching problems, tracker not found, stupid banners that I don't want and buggy displays for things I do.  

Plus it also appears that your new gadgets with all the bells and whistles are just as bad judging by comments here. 

Why don't fibbit just concentrate on making the existing stuff work as it is supposed to and I can stop wasting time writing this in the vague hope that something gets done. 

Best Answer

@CM9wrote:

My concern/question is, is fitbit phasing out long term support for Android or are things just really bad right now?

Since approximately 2/3rds of the phones in use are Android phones, I seriously doubt that Fitbit plans on phasing out support for them any time soon.  But then, I have not been experiencing any problems with my Android phone syncing.

Best Answer

@Lilbiddywrote:

Are you seriously saying that once you have paid for your fibbit that there is no guarantee that it will function beyond the next update. Because that is how that reads. As for compatible phones, judging by other threads they hardly exist.

Not sure if that was directed towards me, but if it was, that's not at all what I was saying. There is no guarantee that unsupported phones will work with Fitbit, either in the present or future. That's just the definition of "supported". 

The supported phones do exist: https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDaveywrote:

It's just a matter of which devices are compatible.

That is a large part of the issue. If you look at all the phones available at Verizon right now (as an example, since they have the most customers), many of these phones have been around a while, yet out of 22 Android phones, 5 are compatible, 2 are unclear based on Fitbit's list, and 15 are not compatible. Even if we assume the others are compatible, that is 15 out of 22 that are not. These are not random off-brands; these include LGs and Motorolas. So even if a Verizon customer with a Fitbit were to go buy a new device to fix the compatibility issue (which seems to be the only solution offered), over two thirds of the phones available are not compatible with Fitbit.

I was told at one point by Fitbit support that Android Nougat as a whole had compatibility issues because at a year and a half old, it was "too new" to work with Fitbit devices. I understand that no one here can see Fitbit's future, but even speculation would be helpful at this point, since contacting support results in the same exact answer every time (regardless of the question).

Best Answer