Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery level not updating in the Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have an android phone and battery level never changes even when it goes to 0

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody. 

This thread originally was started on 2018 regarding the Android Fitbit app. However, the current situation affects only iOS users. Which is why I will be closing this thread and leave it marked as resolved. 

Additionally a new Fitbti app version (v3.54) has been launched for iOS device. I do not own an iPhone, but from what I have been told, the issue seems to be resolved after the last update. Click here to get it. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, @Stan13! The battery level on the phone only changes after you sync your tracker, so maybe when you see it you haven't synced recently?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

even when I synch it does not change. the app on the PC also states that it is full. will have to wait a day or 2 to see if the problem has been fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Stan13, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! One of the reason the battery level is not updating is like @MakMak mentioned before. However if you are seeing the same behavior after syncing your tracker perhaps resetting your app will do the trick:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It worked although the battery level would be much more useful if
it was provided as a percentage rather than full or medium.

Stan

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Stan13, glad to hear it has worked and thank you for your feedback.

If this is something in which you're interested, I would like to share with you the following Feature Suggestion: More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App.

Feel free to contribute with your vote and comments, it would be nice to have your support for this ideas.

See you around and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry MakMak but the problem is Fitbit.  I use an Apple phone and have the same problem.  When the Fitbit "synchronizes" it really doesn't always synchronize everything.  Mine goes days showing the same battery charge - and yes - I synchronize EVERY DAY.  Like many of the Fitbit glitches it is a Fitbit problem that for some reason their geeks can not or more like don't want to fix.  Folks have lots of good ideas on how to "fix" things when the real problems are Fitbits.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having the same issue using iPhone.  For the last week, battery life on the app says 57%, despite syncing multiple time a day.  I used to have a Flex, which stopped working just before Xmas and now have a Luxe, but it doesn’t even show the battery life in any of the menus on the device itself, which is annoying as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Beachbum22  @hughesjen   You added on to a rather old thread in the Android app forum and app issues generally don't overlap between Android and iPhones.  This is a new, current issue with the iOS app.  Fitbit is aware.  You need to force quit the Fitbit app, then re-open it to see the correct battery level.  This bug is very annoying.  Some users write that the battery level is hard to read on some devices, because of font size and brightness.  I hope it is fixed soon.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Good to know that it’s a known bug. Rebooting the iPhone usually synchs the battery life bar. It’s a bit of a pain but it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody. 

This thread originally was started on 2018 regarding the Android Fitbit app. However, the current situation affects only iOS users. Which is why I will be closing this thread and leave it marked as resolved. 

Additionally a new Fitbti app version (v3.54) has been launched for iOS device. I do not own an iPhone, but from what I have been told, the issue seems to be resolved after the last update. Click here to get it. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes