More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App

I have owned a Fitbit Charge HR for about 2.5 weeks now. Using the battery life indicator icon on the dashboard on my iPhone or IPad, I was shocked to see that I was at one-half reserve or less by the second day after full charge. I have no notifications permitted and only sync when I open the apps ( few times in 24 hours.) When I plugged in the Fitbit to recharge, however, the battery reserve always showed much greater than the dashboard icon reported. "What gives?" I asked. So, today I called your trusty tech support staff who has just confirmed that the battery life icon on the dashboard only has three "levels" it can report: full, medium, and low. Hmmmm. Not so cool.

OK, guys, please revise your onboard firmware and app software to more accurately reflect the true status of the battery reserve when checking into the dashboard. The "new dashboard" graphics have not addressed this issue. Otherwise, a lot of folks are going to be charging their devices unnecessarily rather than tracking all the fun on wrist or ankle, where they belong. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Labels. 

345 Comments
dlmarketdroid
First Steps
It would be nice to be able to see the battery percentage left on the fitbit force. I don't want to have to look at my phone and also it only shows full, medium, etc.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That would be great!

In addition, based onto the percentage left, it could also display a estimated date / time when the battery is fully drained to know if its essential to charge the battery.

This can also be reflected in the Fitbit App and onto the Fitbit website for all Fitbit Devices to check the real battery status instead of 'high, medium..'.

Note:

To check the battery status onto the Fitbit Site (Scale, Fitbit Device), its required to click onto the Settings shortcut, it would be more convenient if these could be moved to the main dashboard, possibly be placed next to the date, above the tiles?

Note2:

In the fitbit app, to check the battery status its required to tap on the 'trackers button', for more user-friendliness, could the battery status be moved to the dashboard into the app instead, having it displayed integrated into the 'trackers button'? This way its possible to check if the battery needs to be recharged at a glance.

jettaman67
Base Runner

How about showing the charge for the battery as a percentage. Currently when your battery shows medium level it does so for a lengthy time and suddenly goes to low battery without any idea of where you are in the charge process.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Suggestions for Battery Status:

Fitbit Flex

It's possible to set a daily goal progress onto the flex, what about having a option when tapping onto the fitbit flex, that it displays a estimate how much battery is left aside the other options available?

1 light = 0 - 20% battery charge left.

2 lights = 20 - 40% battery charge left.

This gives a option directly onto the device to know if the battery needs charging without having to go to the app or dashboard.

Force

Slightly different than for the Flex, but be able to display the battery percentage remaining & a estimated date/time when the battery would be fully drained onto the device as one of the screens.

App

For all devices, see the battery percentage for the tracker directly onto the main screen, rather than having to tap the 'trackers' button first. In addition, display a estimated date/time on the main screen into the app on the trackers button? to know when the trackers battery would be fully drained to be more aware when the battery would be drained and can be recharged.

This would give a higher accuracy for the actual battery status instead of (low, medium or high) messages and a better indication when the battery has to be recharged.

Dashboard

Display the battery percentage for the trackers onto the Dashboard with a estimated date/time when the battery would be fully drained, in addition of displaying into the settings button.

This increases the awareness about the battery status, since it can also be easily missed because of having it displayed into the settings menu only onto the website. Personally i'm not checking the battery status always onto the app (because its displayed only when tapping the tracker button into the app, solution for app - see above, and it can also be easily missed onto the website since its into the settings menu, and because all settings are configured previously, I (personally) don't click onto the settings menu to check the battery status when logging into the website).

Thanks in advance Cat Happy

Linda4405
First Steps

Where does it show how much battery power you have? I cleaned the battery contacts. It has been plugged into the charger all day. I can only see 4 lights flash if I am manually pushing the battery into the charger. Is my battery defective?

SoliDeoGloria
Base Runner

I'd like to see an actual percentage on the battery indicator. So rather than high, medium, and lowlow, it would be much easier to know when a charge is needed by a %. 

This morning my battery showed at medium and by the end of my walk it was completely dead. Had I known the % I would have charged it before I left. 

Kevalicious99
Tempo Runner

I too would love a percentage number on the dashboard .. even a tile so it is in my face. But for now .. the low battery notifications seem to be working much better. So .. that will do. But I do like the suggestion.

mcacovic
Jogger

Also would like this feature.

Sandy64
Recovery Runner

I like this idea too.  It also seems like less time in between days and I have to charge again.  I wear my flex all of the time except to charge.

KMack
Jogger

First let me say I LOVE my Flex! Smiley Happy    It would be great to see the batter percentage on the app for the Flex (both iPhone App & Android App). Currently the battery level goes from full to half to red line or red X.  It would be nice to know how much percentage or hours usage remains so we do not get stuck "out & about" with a dead Flex. 

barbara61961
First Steps

Love this idea!!   It happens to me several times - ready to walk or just got done walking 4 to 5 miles & found out that the flex died mid walk.  I usually walk after I get off from work then go home.

MrBear
Recovery Runner

Good idea, hope they add it 🙂

conniesc
Recovery Runner

I like this idea as well. or maybe even tell you how many hours/minutes are left on the battery. I am not sure a percentage would be enough to tell me if I need to charge it NOW

jbthom
Jogger

Option 1:

I would love for the battery indicator to show the percentage left.

Option 2: 

It would be nice to see battery level in five levels like the five flashing levels when charging on the dashboard. Now it goes from medium to needing to be charged. That way you would know farther in advance it needs to charged.

Moderator Edit: Entering a second, similar option.
Rappy
Recovery Runner

I would love to see a more accurate battery depletion system. Maybe something like computers or cell phones have.

Right now the fitbit goes from green, to gray, to red. Those colors seem to parallel 100%, 50%, and 10%. And that's a guess. Does anyone even know what the colors mean? There have been many times when I wanted to know exactly how much remained when it was gray because I might choose to charge sooner then later. It would help avoid the random dead battery. 

Maybe add additional colors (inform the public what each color stands for) or go to a quantitative method.

Thank you.

Rappy
Recovery Runner

I just wrote a similar request. Frustrating isn't it? Green, gray, and red. Do we even know what they stand for in relation to the battery? Lets hope more people pick up on this, It needs to be improved, it will help to avoid the random dead battery.

ChucktheMonk
Jogger

As I have been given warnings by e-mail that the mini Zeppelin on my arm does want loading,

why not write the energylevel at last sync on the dashboard?

Eg. Date-time plus  loading level in say 5 % steps.

14.09.2014-09.32. 60 %

If the level is under 40 % then you could write "Battery loaded for only two days more"

If the level is under 20 % then say "Please load battery today"

As you have informed by e-mail about low battery strength, I presume that you do get tre information when we sync.?

Lactic_Acid
Jogger

or....If I may suggest ontop of this great Idea...how about if the flex had the option in the "ALARM" section where it would vibrate quickly 3x every 15-30 min; somthing along those linesSmiley LOL

debs
Recovery Runner
I also agree. It would be nice to see may be a circle or some kind of graft on the dashboard showing the battery status. My one battery latest much longer than my flex.
b68
Jogger
Another simple opportunity missed. Not much support.
PRPaco
Recovery Runner

Agree with the original suggestion. Show, IN PERCENTAGE (87%, 72%, or whatever %) left of charge.

Dak1334
Walker
It would be nice to see battery level in five levels like the five flashing levels when charging on the dashboard. Now it goes from medium to needing to be charged. That way you would know farther in advance it needs to charged.
slvbh
First Steps

I would love to be able to see my battery percentage on my dashboard.  

Also, sometimes when I insert my battery in the charger, it does not make the connection.  I saw on the web site that you are supposed to hear a click, I have never heard or felt a click.  I push the battery all the way in but it always moves while in the charger.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RickyFitbit
Cross-Country Runner

That's a great idea @SoliDeoGloria ! Having a percentage to gauge how much battery life can help avoid dead batteries on long hikes and runs. Smiley Happy

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great suggestion! I recommend showing support in this existing idea. This will help us tally votes and comments in one place. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.