Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike activity not tracking distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Gps does not track distance in biking....the icon of the cell phone comes on ....on the screen of the fitbit but it keeps on searching....bar goes back and forth the time im biking....time, calories burnt,heart rate are all tracked.....even on the map i can see my all roads ...streets i biked in red....but no distances....in the past it would track full distance....even give me a time per Km....BUT distance is tracked  if i use the run or hike??

Ive updated ghe app...its a Fitbit charge 2

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and format 

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113

I don’t think you understand what I’n saying so let me try to explain again. When I am on my fitbit inspire 2 device and I go into the exercise menu, I can pick biking but it does not track my distance or mph. 
When I go to the app to try to manually track an exercise as you suggested before with the GPS, I only have 3 options, run, walk, hike. 
I am unable to track my biking, does that make sense? I do not know how to make it more clear. 
i’m tired of the fitbit not doing what it says it should. 
If you have any actual advice on how to fix this please let me know. But it seems as if this feature just does not work. 

Best Answer

@JBStan picking Bike, should turn on and connect with the GPS on the phone. 

The Inspire 2 will give an indication that a GPS lock has been made. 

You should then get a map of your ride displayed in the fitbit app. No map = no distance. With map should also include distance. 

I never suggested tracking a bike ride with the Fitbit App. However there is a suggestion for this that can be voted on. 

Now if your android phone is not connecting GPS. 

The first thing I would try is restarting the phone. 

Second would be to turn of power management with the fitbit app. 

Third would be to look at are the android tips

Without knowing the tracker, the user is asking about, it is hard to give more than generic info. 

Best Answer

Why does fibit have this outdoor GPS that doesn't pick up distance?

Best Answer
0 Votes

More than two years later and I'm experiencing the same issue! Today I cycled over 33 km, yet my Fitbit tells me I've done 3.33km. Great. Although I have the automatically recognise option turned (because sometimes I'd forget to to turn it on), I did start the biking exercise today all the time when I started a bigger ride. And yet, it doesn't work. Shows all the other data but there's no map (which I'd like to have as well), no GPS, no km. This isn't what I paid for 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Community, @Hpetra27.

Thanks for the details provided and I understand where you frustration is coming from. The Outdoor Bike option from the Auto-recognized exercises does not connect with your phone's GPS so you'll only see the distance without a map. If your Fitbit device has Connected GPS you can use the Bike option on the Exercises' menu on your device as instructed here to track your activity with your phone's GPS so you can have a map of your route.

Hope this helps.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly what I've done. And yet, it doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Hpetra27 you have chosen the Bike mode on the tracker, waited to get a GPS lock confirmation, and gone for a ride. Then stopped at the end. Does the bike summary show an expected distance? 

Best Answer

Hi Rich, 

I just started using fitbit charge 4. Started my bike session from the charge 4, after getting a GPS lock. I have the whole ride mapped in the exercise but the distance is not added to the daily distance. Any idea how to get added. I'm so new, i could only find out option to reply to you rather than posting a new question LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
sorry I cannot help. I do not have fitbit aymore and I forget how I got it
working properly
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ufuk wrote:

Hi Rich, 

I just started using fitbit charge 4. Started my bike session from the charge 4, after getting a GPS lock. I have the whole ride mapped in the exercise but the distance is not added to the daily distance. Any idea how to get added. I'm so new, i could only find out option to reply to you rather than posting a new question LOL

@Ufuk  Daily distance includes only step-based activities; i.e. walking and running.  Biking distance is not included.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Hi
Fitbit is not perhaps designed to measure distance while in cycling mode ..
Regards
Dr Qasba
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Inspire I think... was tracking rides now its Not!  I don't care how far I walk... dislike having anything on my wrist anyway... will round file it.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, no, it does not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So tough luck basically. 

Best Answer
0 Votes