Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Not Syncing With My Samsung Note Edge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Mt Bluetooth is on, but when I tried to sync it with my Edge, a message popped up that said as of Android Version 6, Location Permissions must be turned on for it to sync.  I tried to turn it on, but it was grayed out(inactive).  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @ShelbyGT500, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Indeed The Fitbit app needs the locations services option on your phone to be turned on in order to perform the Bluetooth low energy scans required to sync your tracker.

To learn more about this and how to enable this option please follow the instructions of this postIf the issue persists, please restart your phone and give it another try.

Keep me posted how it goes. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thanks Roberto. It still didn't work. I also have a screen overlay issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ShelbyGT500, good to see you again. Certainly this is not expected but is not something that the Fitbit app is causing, since this is an option directly from your device. 

Only If the issue persists we can try to uninstall the Fitbit app and reinstall it again to see if your phone recognize the app. However if you were able to sync after our last interaction, do not proceed to do the troubleshooting I'm recommending.

Don't forget to keep me updated. Catch ya later!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
My phone had to be backed up, completely wiped, then the Android OS and
backup had to be reinstalled. It synchs/pairs with my phone now, although
I am not getting bm(beats per minute) measurements on the Blaze yet.
Screen overlay is nasty! Samsung should have it defaulted to off or none.
Thanks for your help.

Phil
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ShelbyGT500, I'm glad to hear your tracker is syncing with your phone now. About the heart rate my recommendation is to perform a restart on your Blaze:

1. Press and hold the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

This should resolved the missing heart rate.

See you around and take care.

Best Answer