Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to setup Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I bought a Fitbit Charge 2 and it arrived yesterday. I've been trying to set it up by installing the Fitbit Android app, but have had no luck at all.

First I went to fitbit.com on my web browser and set up a free account. Now, when I try to log in to the Fitbit app using my email/password, I get the error 'Email or password invalid'. I know that the email and password are correct, since I can log on using the web browser.

If I try 'Forgot Password' on the app, I get a message that there is no network connectivity. I have checked that in fact the network is available; I can browse while Fitbit is complaining about lack of connectivity.

If I try to sign up, it says 'fitbit.com is down for maintenance', but this has been going on for more than 24 hours now.

I've made sure that the Fitbit device itself is charged (I charged it for a couple of hours after opening the box). I've made sure that the network is available. I've made sure that my login email/password is correct. I've tried this both on my Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 7 tablet; same results every time. Restarting my Android device, reinstalling the Fitbit app, force-stopping the Fitbit app - none of these helps.

This is very frustrating and I have no idea what I can do. If I can't resolve this situation, I should probably just return the device. Can anyone please help? The Fitbit device is Charge 2, and the Fitbit app version is 2.51. Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone,

Somehow or the other, today I was able to pair the tracker (after a total of about 60 attempts). I don't know why it didn't work earlier, nor do I understand why it worked today. I didn't do anything different.

Anyway, thanks for your time, the issue is resolved.

Best regards.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @SorelyPuzzled, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I've seen you have tried different solutions to address this issue. Have you reviewed if the time on your phone is set manually? 

In some scenarios this might affect the access to the app. To resolve this issue, please do the following: 

1. Open the Settings app on your Android. 
2. Tap "Date and time." 
3. Tap "Automatic date and time." 
4. If you have a tablet, the "Automatic date and time" option will not be available. In this case, please set your tablet time to the correct standard time where you are located. You may use http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ as a point of reference. 

Once you have set your time, open the app and try to log in.

Hope this helps!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME, thanks for taking your time to help me, I really appreciate it!

I noticed that I have the above problems with my WiFi at home, whereas I'm able to connect when I use the WiFi at my office. After successfully logging in at the office yesterday, I again had the same problem when I went back home. Very confusing, since I can continue browsing the internet at home, so I don't know why the Fitbit app complains about the network...

Today I also tried to log in at the office again, and was able to. This was before I saw your hint. Indeed the time on my phone was set manually. I've now changed it to network-provided time; I must check whether this works at home as well.

Meanwhile, I have another problem. Even though I can log in, the device still won't get paired while setting it up. I've made sure to keep WiFi, Bluetooth and Location set to ON. When the phone says it finds the tracker, the tracker shows a 4-digit code which I then type in on the phone. However I cannot get beyond this point. It tries for a while and then gives me a page that says 'Not working? Remove other trackers from the area, restart Bluetooth, ...' etc. None of these recommendations has worked so far in about 30+ attempts. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks once again for your help and best regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way, I've also tried the following:

- Uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit app

- Restart the Android phone

- Restart the tracker as mentioned here: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186. However I don't see a battery icon when it is charging. I don't know whether there may be an issue with the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

Somehow or the other, today I was able to pair the tracker (after a total of about 60 attempts). I don't know why it didn't work earlier, nor do I understand why it worked today. I didn't do anything different.

Anyway, thanks for your time, the issue is resolved.

Best regards.

Best Answer

Hello @SorelyPuzzled, thank you for keep me posted. I offer you an apology since I wasn't around lately. I was reading each of your post and it seem you had a hard time to pair your tracker despite you gain access from the wife of your office.

Sometimes depend of the phone models since not all devices are supported. For those mobile phone s that are not supported it may work but we cannot predict what would be the behavior and it may happen scenarios like the one you had. However this is just a theory and might not be related to the issue you experienced.

Nonetheless I'm happy to hear the issue was resolved. 

Stay awesome and for other concerns you feel free to visit the Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes