Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze losing calorie count based on exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 2 long walks this week and burning off over 3000 caloies each time my dashboard initially shows correct stats and then has lost at least 1000 calories on each day. 1st day also active minutes. 2nd day increased distance but lost calories. Please help because it is very frustrating when you are using the data to motivate yourself to lose weight. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello there @ST45, I'm sorry for the late response, I'm wondering how it goes so far? I'm wondering how is the insensitivity of your exercises? Calories will not entirely depend on duration or distance. Note that calories will be based on how intense was the exercise and the duration of that intensity. Of course will active minutes steps and other stats will contribute to your overall calorie count.

To give you an example of the rate of calories are burned in relation to the intensity of the activity, I'm going to use my own activity from the online Dashboard. Keep in mind that my BMR is higher, so don't pay attention to my numbers.

As you can see in the next screenshot, I barely had any activity on that day. In my calorie chart, you can see almost all my count is for BMR, until I made a Fitbit Coach activity of 25 minutes; represented by the spike of calories framed in the image. My intensity was over the sky during that time, reason why I achieved 35 active minutes.

Low activity.png

Now for the next image, I was more active. You can see I was able to maintain a more intense day, since the morning throughout the day based on the chart of my calories burned. But the intensity was more moderate and only a few minutes with a more intense pace represented by the orange bars. 

Activity day.png

Despite the intensity was not too high in my case, you can see these variations can affect the overall count of your calories. From lightly to a high intense pace, determine if your calorie burn count will be more intense or lightly. Try to review your own Dashboard to understand better the intensity and the calories you are burning base on your activity.

Hope this helps and keep participating in our Fitbit Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes