Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not compatible with Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have had a blaze device for a while now and originally used it with an iPhone 6s, however I recently got a new Galaxy S9. Unbeknownst to me, blaze devices are not compatible with the S9, even though Samsung debuted the S9 and S9+ way back in March. What is the deal with not making these devices compatible with each other? It seems to me that this should be a given and that nobody in the same boat as me should have to be waiting months for their phone to be compatible. Ridiculous. The only explanation I can think of is that Fitbit has stopped making their slightly older models compatible with newer phones as a cheap marketing play.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @DarthBalrog, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community. Thank you for your feedback regrading the compatibility of the S9/S9+ and your Fitbit Blaze.

Something that is important to clarify, is that the model of your tracker does not determine if is compatible or not. In this case is the app that is not optimized yet to work with non-compatible phones. I have mentioned this in other posts regarding the same concern. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

See you around and stay tuned for future updates of compatibility.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info, are you able to say when the fitbit will be updated to work with newer phones?

Best Answer
0 Votes