Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing with my Samsung Galaxy s7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have my Fibit Blaze since it came out and it worked fine until two days ago. My fitbit blaze wouldn't sync anymore. After turning the bluetooth off and on again en restarting my phone and fitbit, I decided to remove my fitbit blaze from the app (and my bluetooth) so I could try to add it as a new device. But now my fitbit blaze won't connect to my phone at all. If I look at the available devices in my bluetooth settings its there. But when I start to connect it to the app it won't go past we found you device. What should I do now? I tried everything that the troubleshooting pages said. (I connected it now to my mac so it wouldn't lose my data from last week). 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @Lisanne181094! Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for going through all of those steps you mentioned. I'd like to ask you some questions to better understand what is going on:

• Does the app freeze whenever you get the 'found your device' message? What happens immediately after it?
  • Have you ever synced your Blaze to another mobile device or only your S7?

Look forward to your reply so that we can move forward.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Charge 2 and my Galaxy S7--but it never connected in the first place. It finds my fitbit and I enter the code but then it never connects and I get the error screen. The fitbit isn't linked to any other bluetooth device; I've tried restarting my phone, the fitbit, and the bluetooth on my phone. I even tried downloading the app on my ipad but had the exact same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply!

When I start the process to connect my blaze it the app is saying searching for the device. Then found the device. 20 sec later I get the not working page. (the 3 solutions you can do because it can't find the device. is your device battery full, turn bluetooth on and of, restart your blaze.) 

I never connected it to a different device because it always worked on my phone and never needed it.

My sister had the same problem with the fitbit alta but hers is resolved now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue, and my co-workers with iPhones are not having any issues. It is definitely an issue between the Fit Bit app and the Samsung S7 update. These watches are not cheap, and without syncing it doesn't even tell the right time. Sure hope an app update comes out soon to fix this.  I tried to delete all the history and added it as a new device, and it worked for that day only. The next day the Blaze and S7 were unable to connect via the app.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @BDub1975 and @CloudCol! Hey @Lisanne181094.

There is a issue that has been recognized before where some Android phones wouldn't sync when the location services are turned off. Please make sure that they are turned on and then try to sync once again.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Location service is on the highest setting and was always on. I have also
done a hard reset on the S7 and the Blaze. I will delete the fit bit app,
and reinstall and sync the Blaze as a new device again to see if that fix
will work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled the fit bit app on my S7, and re-installed it and I still can't connect. My S7 connects to the Blaze on Bluetooth, but the Blaze and fit bit app will not connect. I tried it on my wife's iPhone 6, and it set up with no problems. It seems very clear to me this is a Fit Bit app issue with the latest S7 software update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BDub1975, thanks for the updates.

Thanks for doing all of that, and even testing with another mobile device. Have you at any point set up notifications on your Blaze? It could be that the Blaze's connection with your S7 got corrupted in some way, however you already mentioned that you tried to remove the Blaze from the app and the Bluetooth. 

What Android version are you running on your S7? Perhaps we could find some answers there.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Andriod version 7.0. I appreciate the help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @BDub1975

Thanks for letting me know that it is running Android 7. I haven't been able to find any specific reports that are similar to your situation. My question at this point would be: Are you using any other Bluetooth devices with your mobile? Headphones or a car? Those could interrupt the connection. 

Perhaps you could try to turn off any Bluetooth devices that could be around to see if that has any impact on the syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  My phone can't locate my tracker.  It was working fine before I charged it. 

But, it's only showing a medium charge and not tracking any steps.

Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @Jnlscooper.

That sounds very inconvenient. In this case let's try to restart the connection itself:

1. Open the Bluetooth setting and remove your Fitbit from the paired devices list.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and go to the Account tab.
  3. Select 'Set Up A New Device' and then set up your Fitbit once again.

That should do the trick and your Fitbit will start syncing normally once again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue; my Blaze last synced with my Galaxy S7 on August 17th.  I unpaired the device, and now when I try to pair it again, it says "Pairing rejected by Blaze." 

Best Answer

Hello @Garrisop and welcome to the Forums!

Let's see what is going on with your Blaze. In this case, are you doing the pairing through the Bluetooth settings or through the Fitbit app? If you are doing it through the settings please do the pairing from the app. If you are doing it from the app, please provide me with a screen shot of the error message so that I can take a closer look into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave this watch to my son who has an iPhone because it syncs fine with
the iPhone.
Best Answer

Hello @BDub1975.

Thanks for the update. I'll try to get more details on the matter and if I do I will be posting in here.

If you have the time, perhaps you could consider visiting one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to discuss in there with other Community members.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Complete a reset on your tracker. Hold the left and bottom right buttons at the same time. This will reset it.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Hey @Jnlscooper.

Thanks for chiming in and sharing that. It's always great to see community members helping each other out.

If you have any questions, pleas let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, look, I'm not sure how I'm going to send you a screen shot of a message on my G7 phone when it only shows up for a few seconds. Maybe I could get out my video camera?  See, there's a  Bluetooth screen that shows a list of my "paired devices" (including my headphones and my car).  And right below that, it shows a list of "available devices," under which is listed "Blaze."  So I go to the "settings" screen on my Blaze and, under "Bluetooth Classic," I select "Pair." Then on my phone I touch "Blaze," I get a pop-up message (in a grey box) that says "Pairing rejected by Blaze."  You really want the screen shot?

Best Answer
0 Votes