Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no notifications in Samsung S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the blaze and a samsung galaxy s8 and I have tried EVERYTHING to get notifications. I have looked at countless forums from fitbit and help articles. I have even contacted samsung and did everything they suggested except do a factory reset which I refuse to do. I synced my blaze to my husband's galaxy s8 and notifications did not work then either. I am beyond frustrated that notifications are not working. That is a major reason I got the blaze was for notifications. Either fitbit or samsung needs to figure this out!!! Until then I won't be using my fitbit

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @AshleyU, good to see you around and I'm totally understand your frustration as this is a main feature for you.

I was reading you have reviewed different threads about this issue with no solution, so I'm wondering if you have seen the latest update about this issue? If you haven't you can find this information in the following post: Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

Hope this information helps. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same position and am getting no where with Fitbit. They added the samsung galaxy s8 to compatible devices at least by 17th July - almost 3 months ago and still the pairing and notifications is not working. Look at the latest comments on the app store (I will add my comment to advise people not to buy a fitbit until this problem is solved if they own a samsung galaxy s8). No one can get this to work and we have no date from Fitbit on this. Very frustrating when you spend a lot of money on the device. They keep closing the threads down as "solved" when this issue is far from solved. Yes the devices do synch but they do not pair with the phone and thus you can not track miles,pace etc when running (I'm training for a half marathon) or receive notifications. I feel your pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Basically all I got from that thread is the ball is in Samsung's court and they will need to do an update.... good luck with that. When I tried contacting them all I got was a list of stuff to try and if that didn't work then they suggested doing a factory reset which I've refused to do!

Best Answer