Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not tracking distance properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit blaze w/Samsung Galazy S8+

Two days in a row I have had varying tracked mileage. Runkeeper tells me one distance and the fitbit is telling me less. Yesterday it was off by almost a mile while today it was closer to half a mile. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SunsetRunner, a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm wondering how it goes the issue with the distance of your exercises?

Keep in mind the distance might not be the same that Runkeeper is showing you, however it should not be a 1 mile of difference either. How are you tracking the exercise, is it with Connected GPS or using the MobileRun feature of the app?

In any case, the following article will give you some tips to improve the accuracy of your distance: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the welcome.

The first couple runs I did with the blaze seemed to track fine compared to runkeeper  only off by maybe a tenth of a mile after over 5 miles of running.  Currently I've been using the exercise run feature off the blaze and also tracking with runkeeper. 

I originally thought it was due to my bluetooth headphones interfering with the connection, which I still think it does, but it's not throwing off the number because I tried today and was off over a mile. 5.5 vs 4.45.

I now think it may be from using the exercise run feature on the blaze itself.  I don't remember using it the first couple of times I went running  

Best Answer
0 Votes