Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze randomly stopped syncing with galaxy s9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! Ive had my blaze for about a year, and my phone for about a month. Everything was working smoothly until it stopped syncing on Sunday. It will NOT sync now no matter what i do. I've looked at ALL the troubleshooting tips and nothing is working. HALPPPP

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Forums @tailurrfright.

Thanks for letting us know that you have gone through all of the steps before posting in here! 

In this case, I'd like to recommend that you try going through the steps listed in this help article once more. While I do understand that you have already gone through them I'd like for you to give them a chance once again, all of them and in the order that they show up there, as a way to have some structure on what steps you try. If they do not work then we will try some other possible solutions to get your Blaze to sync correctly once more.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same exact issue.  I've had the Blaze for 2 years and the S9+ for around 6 months.  Everything was working perfectly until the Blaze stopped syncing on Sunday September 10th.  I have tried all the troubleshooting steps multiple times to no avail. 

Interestingly, I have successfully setup the Blaze to sync with my Samsung Tab S2, so it's an issue with the S9+.  

The Blaze is running 17.8.402.1 and both Android devices are running version 2.78.

Help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SteveLesiie.

Thanks for trying those steps and syncing with another device prior to contacting us.

Let's try to restart the connection between your S9+ and your Blaze from scratch. To do so, maybe you could remove your Blaze from the S9's Bluetooth devices and then run the set up as if it was a brand new device. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried a complete unpair/repair and it still did not work.  

However, the good news is that I did get it working.  What I ended up doing was going to developer options and switching the Bluetooth profile (AVRCP) on the S9+ from version 1.4 (the default) to version 1.5.   As soon as I did that, it started syncing again.  

Best Answer

Hey @SteveLesiie.

Awesome news! Thanks for sharing that in here! I'll be sure to keep in mind and let other users know that this could work.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Samsung Galaxy S9+ and have tried numerous times going through those steps and still nothing. I know I am not alone in this and many others are having the same problem. Please say or give another solution other than 'try it one more time'. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Sabinohiker.

Thanks for going through all of those steps before posting in here!

Our support team should be getting in touch with you about this situation so please keep an eye on your email's inbox. The email that is related to this account.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried this on my Galaxy s9 with my Fitbit Ionic. Syncing worked afterward! I waited a few minutes, tried to sync again and it synced! Hopefully this is the fix I've been desperately looking for.

Best Answer

Hello @Goldd3000.

Thanks for going through the thread prior to posting in here.

Glad to read that you did get your Ionic to sync with your S9. Hopefully it will continue to sync without any issues so that you can work towards reaching all of your goals.

Be sure to visit our Discussion boards if you have the time, maybe you will find a topic that you'd like to talk about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem with my phone so I downloaded the app to my computer and synced it there.  My app on my phone took care of itself!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @chafry.

Thanks for sharing what you tried and how it did work for you in the end.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users, maybe something can pique your interest.

Best Answer
0 Votes