Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone continuously says its syncing from thurs @ 0015hrs. 

It wont update & sync anything from thurs last week

..... i have done all the basic checks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What worked for me was

- delete ionic from Bluetooth

- delete app from phone (iPhone8)

- completely shut down then restart Ionic

- reboot phone as well

- down load app again

- then go thru process of adding a new device ie your old ionic 🙂 - (make sure ionic fully charged/)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

@Nealo, could you provide a little more information on this, such a what phone you have, what version of the Fitbit app are you using, what Fitbit tracker do you have, etc.?  What "basic checks" have you done?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I've got a Charge Hr and a droid phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem. It seems as the new release of the app was put into place my Charge HR  has stopped syncing with both my phone (S7 Edge) and my computer(Windows 10). I have done all of the steps to make sure that everything is paired together but no such luck. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Best Answer

Joining the chorus, "have the same problem" and "have done everything" does not provide much information as to what the problem is so that Community members can offer solutions. Did the app automatically update?  If so, did you restart the phone? Have you turned off WiFi? Have you turned off Bluetooth and turned it back on?  Can you provide details of exactly what you did (define "everything"?), and the order you did them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have a charge HR , it won't sync with my Samsung Galaxy J2. I have uninstalled, logged out, powered off, disconnected blue tooth, wifi , re installed logged in powered connected everything and phone and fit bit won't sync. Have been trying everything for 2 weeks now. What do I need to do to get them to sync?

Best Answer

I too have been having issues syncing since Saturday 11th March.  I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 and it is on Version 18.122

It just keeps trying to sync but nothing. 

I have reset the phone, turned off and back on again Bluetooth, tried it on another device and nothing works. 

It seems that with every new release we get these bugs on syncing.  I am now 3 days behind in my data. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

I'd like to suggest some troubleshooting step that regularly work with situations such as this. Please try the following:

1. Go into your mobile device's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for your Fitbit on the paired devices list and remove it.
  3. Once it is removed, restart your mobile device.
  4. Go into the Fitbit app and on to the account tab.
  5. Select the 'Set Up a Device' option and follow the steps to re-pair your Fitbit with your account.

After the set up process is completed, your Fitbit should start syncing regularly again.

Please try that and let me know how it goes.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I tried this to get my flex to sync and it just keeps searching

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit HR

Samsung Galaxy

When I try to sync it says looking but it cant "find" it.

Ive rebooted phone, uninstalled and reinstalled app, charged Fit bit, Tried to link it to another device and all say it cant be found. 

Frustrating 

Best Answer
I called them today and they are replacinf mine and the syncing dongle. You might have to call them like i did

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I have followed each of your steps and it still won't sync.  Mine has not been able to sync since March 16th. This was around the same time that the app updated on my phone.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Best Answer

Hello @Dorthey@teacoops@aprildoug99 and @ConnieC.!

@Dorthey, Did you try the steps I mentioned above? What mobile device do you have? Have you tried syncing with any other device?

@teacoops, you can try to restart the connection like I mentioned in my previous post. Regularly that helps.

@aprildoug99 Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Glad to know that you're being sent a replacement.

@ConnieC. Do you get any error messages whenever you try to sync? If so, what does it say?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got my Alta to finally sync on Tuesday 3/21 after the new update.
Best Answer

Hello @ConnieC.

Thank you so much for the update and letting me know that everything is now in order with your Fitbit Alta. Now you can continue to reach all of your goals!

If you have the time, you should visit one of our Discussion boards. There you can talk about a lot of different topics with other members of the Forums.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. Thank you 

Best Answer

did all that several times - no help at all

iPhone 8 won't even Bluetooth pair with ionic now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Jasnac! Hey @iangmunt.

@Jasnac Glad to read that it worked out! Now you can continue to reach all of your goals.

@Jasnac Thanks for trying the steps I suggested. Having it not sync definitely sounds frustrating. 

I'd like to take a closer look at the situation. Please answer these questions:

• Are you getting some sort of error message? If so, what does it say?
  • Do you have any other devices that you could try to sync with?
  • Did you use a different device at any point? 

Look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was months ago. My Alta is working fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to sync my flex 2 since Mon am @ 12:11, so only have details up to Sun the 18th.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Just tried all the steps suggested and still nothing.  Says filmware version 24.24.30.2 battery full, if that helps.

Best Answer