Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Fitbit Android App cannot sync without location permission

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Developer,

We are currently involved in a healthcare study doing digital phenotyping where patient privacy is one of our major concerns. We realize that without granting location permission, the Fitbit IOS App can sync and get sleep data, however, the Fitbit Android App cannot sync nor getting sleep data. After discussion with one of your directors, John Gillman (also our collaboration partner in this study), he confirmed that this behaviour is a bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forums @xuancong84! Thanks for taking the time to share the above information. 

Please check out this help article: Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services? which provides more details to why it needs to be turned on for Android.

If you still need additional support to keep your study private, we suggest following up with John directly. Otherwise, we're happy to help with any product support.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community Forums @xuancong84! Thanks for taking the time to share the above information. 

Please check out this help article: Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services? which provides more details to why it needs to be turned on for Android.

If you still need additional support to keep your study private, we suggest following up with John directly. Otherwise, we're happy to help with any product support.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer