Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Wrong steps on switching logged in account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When I've synched and see my steps correctly on my S4, if I log out and log in as my wife and synch her Zip, the app wrongly shows MY steps not HERS! This looks like a bug to be fixed?
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @dpebble62 welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here 🙂 I haven't heard of any report on this so far, so I would like to ask some questions to better understand the issue you are experiencing. Do you have separate email addresses? Do you have the same model of tracker? If possible can you please provide me a screenshot of your application showing your steps and then another showing your wife's account this will help me to identify the problem. 

Catch you later! Smiley Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I have a FitBit One, and she has a Zip.  No, I didn't screenshot it, but I dare say it's repeatable.   If you have this combination of devices, try it with the Android phone app.

Best Answer

Hello @dpebble62 thanks for your reply! Smiley Happy mmmm this is weird I don't have a One or a Zip but my husband and I both sync with our Samsung tablet and our information is showing properly. Are you still experiencing this issue with the app? Was this a one time event? I would really appreciate if you can take a screenshot of this if you experience it again so I can further investigate. 

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

If it is really repeatable, then i would try adding the trackers to their respective accounts as a replacement tracker.

The tracker models should have no bearing on this. Every tracker has a unique ID and yhe app looks at this. I have 5 trackers attached to 3 accounts, logging out then in to the respective accounts work fine for me also.

Best Answer

Here are screenshots illustrating the bug:  

Below you will see screenshots when I was logged in

(NB:  Please note my daily 12k target, and on Sunday (yesterday) I got 15,541.

I logged out, and then logged in as my colleague, who has a FitBit Flex.

Note his daily 10k target, and on Sunday he did 19,337 steps.

The daily target, and YESTERDAY (i.e. Sunday) steps are correct in the screenshots below.

But TODAY (i.e. Monday) total shows MY steps in all screens (17,044), not his  (just over 5,000).

See below.

My app Help (showing version):

FitBit Andrid app version.png

My dashboard (I have a FitBit One tracker) as of 22/2/2016 15:51

My dashboad (One) 22-2-2016 15-51.png

My 7-day steps (One) screen:

My 7-day steps (One) 22-2-2016.png

-------------------------------------

I then logged out.  My colleage, with a FitBit Flex tracker, logged in on my phone:

Colleague dashboard (Flex) 22-2-2016 15-51.png

Colleague 7-day steps (Flex) 22-2-2016.png

Best Answer

Hello @dpebble62 thanks for the screenshots! Smiley Happy I haven't seen this before and as @Rich_Laue mentioned, every tracker has a unique ID and the app looks at this to sync your information so this shouldn't be happening. If you log out of the app and then log back in do you still see the mixed up information?   Also just to be sure allow me to ask, first you noticed this with your wife's Zip and then you tested it on your partner's Flex and the same thing happened? 

I'll be around if you have any question. 🙂 

Best Answer

Yes, I suggested it was a bug in the Android app, because of course it shouldn't happen. (As a developer, without any knowledge whatsoever of the code in the app, this smells like an uninitialised variable).  But I have yet to observe this NOT happening on my phone. 

I've not tried to restart the app when the wrong steps showed to see it the correct steps then appear.

You are correct that I first noticed it with my wife's Zip (I normally wouldn't use my phone to synch someone else).  Then in confirming the bug's repeatability, tried it with my colleague's Flex.

I haven't got an iPhone, so can't test if the bug is in iOS as well as Android.  But I believe the FitBit backend database is correct:  i.e. that just because my phone implied that my wife had my steps, this was definitely not the case on the Zip itself, and I'm guessing nor would it have been on the database behind the FitBit main website.  So what we're looking at is a fault in the code for the Android app.

Best Answer

Hello @dpebble62 hope you are having a great day! Smiley Very Happy I will research a little more about this and get back to you once I have information. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Smiley Wink

Hope to see you around more often! 🙂 

Best Answer