Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call/text notifications not working on new Alta

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got my Alta and whilst I like it, it's not particularly responsive to double tap or wrist movement which is slightly annoying - takes several attempts for the screen to come on.

Plus all the Help sections about setting up call/text/calendar notifications just don't seem to work for some reason! I'm on a Sony Xperia Z5 running android 7.1.1 and the instructions to set up these notifications aren't visible on phone or on app.

Phone instructions say to tap account icon then device image but firbit notification service doesnt show up.

Am I completely missing something or is this phone not compatible? 

And going to notifications on desktop site just refers to low battery, new badges type notifications, not call/text etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @OxBex.

I can see how this can be very frustrating with a brand new Alta.

Regarding the tapping, try to tap a little bit under the screen, where the band starts. It should be much more sensitive in there.

As for the notifications, I could see that the Xperia Z5 is not currently a supported device and as such, we cannot guarantee that it will work 100% of the time. If your Alta is syncing we could consider it a plus, given that the app is not fully optimized to work with your phone and, as such, we cannot guarantee its functionality.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @OxBex.

I can see how this can be very frustrating with a brand new Alta.

Regarding the tapping, try to tap a little bit under the screen, where the band starts. It should be much more sensitive in there.

As for the notifications, I could see that the Xperia Z5 is not currently a supported device and as such, we cannot guarantee that it will work 100% of the time. If your Alta is syncing we could consider it a plus, given that the app is not fully optimized to work with your phone and, as such, we cannot guarantee its functionality.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes