Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories In vs Out widget different than detail

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I open the app, I have the Calories In vs Out widget. It says I have 830 calories in today which is correct. Under that it says I have 458 left. When I click into the detail where I can add foods that I've eaten, it only says 127 left but it does show the correct 830 calories in.

Why is there such a large difference and what causes that? Which one should I be going by? 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @ShelbyY, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for bring this issue to my attention. Note this is a glitch affecting this portion of the app and our teams are investigating the source of the issue to roll a fix in the future.

I suggest in the meantime to review your online-Dashboard to have a clear idea of the calories left you have.

Thank you for your patience and If I got more updates I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted my original question two months ago. No update and still the same problem. Yes the dashboard works, but I'd like to have a functional app. This has been a great weight loss tool until now. Am I the only one experiencing this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ShelbyY, thank you for getting back to me. So far we are working on this glitch, I appreciate all your patience and I understand you want an app that works in the best way possible.

Our team are putting all the effort to get this done and when I got more updates I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed this post is 1.5 years old but I still have this problem is there any solution? 

@RobertoME wrote:

Hello @ShelbyY, thank you for getting back to me. So far we are working on this glitch, I appreciate all your patience and I understand you want an app that works in the best way possible.

Our team are putting all the effort to get this done and when I got more updates I will let you know.

Best Answer

It seems to be better, but still different. I think the widget tries to estimate what you will end up with at the end of the day but it hasn't been very accurate. I usually just ignore the widget and click into the detail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have assumed that the tile starts with an estimate of your total calories for the day taking into account any deficit you may have entered. Whereas the information underneath is working on your actual calorie input and output and shows the current running totals for that point in time.  But nowhere is there an explanation of this or how it is supposed to work so confusion reigns.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was two years ago.  My dashboard calories left i

@RobertoME wrote:

Hello @ShelbyY, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for bring this issue to my attention. Note this is a glitch affecting this portion of the app and our teams are investigating the source of the issue to roll a fix in the future.

I suggest in the meantime to review your online-Dashboard to have a clear idea of the calories left you have.

Thank you for your patience and If I got more updates I will let you know.

s STILL vastly difference from food log.

Best Answer

Nope, I just commented that I'm stiil waiting two years after t

Heir post

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL,  just posted the same complaint,  today I'd Aug, 17, 2019

Best Answer

2023 and still the same problem! Why do I still own a Fitbit is becoming my concern. I’m running out of hope here. Please fix

Best Answer

@ABDkid , it's only been six years from the original post and this is Fitbit we're talking about.

I just pretty much use mine as a watch now..

Best Answer
0 Votes