Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned are lower for swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the flex2 finally got it to track my swim but calories burned doesnt seem right. Last week swam 33x25mtrs and burned 202 calories. This week swam 50x25mts and burned only 55 calories. Anyone else had this issue? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Danzie, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I was reading your post and after investigate and review previous reports, note this is a glitch affecting a limited number of users; where the calorie amount is lower in comparison to the distance of the swimming activity. This has been reported to our teams already and is being investigated to roll a fix in the future.

As a workaround you can manually log your exercise on your Dashboard to improve the calorie burn of the exercise. For more help about manually logging exercise take a look at this post.

I'll provide an update when more information is available.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have been swimming over a mile a day and my fitbit says I've only burned about 550 calories. It should be about double that. I'm just getting back into swimming so I weight 314 lbs am 6' tall and I swam 100 lengths in 88 minutes which isn't anything to brag about but the calories it gave me wasn't right.

Best Answer
0 Votes