Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not pairing with Samsung Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I collected my Samsung galaxy s8 yesterday and have finally got this to synch but can not pair it with my fitbit Blaze. I used to have an iphone 6s which worked fine. I have turned off bluetooth on the iphone so there should be no problem from the old iphone. The Blaze is counting my steps but not linking with my phone and recording my pace, distance run etc. I am also not getting notifications. I have tried all the solutions I have read about online and nothing is working. The only thing I have not done is remove my device from my account. Should I try this. If so how do I reinstall it? Anyone know of a work around as this is so frustrating. Wish this had been more widely publicized as I would not have gone for a Samsung S8 if I knew about the problems or thought carefully about a fitbit.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @pipbrit! Have you checked all the permissions for the app? Pretty much everything is defaulted to off, so you might need to switch some permissions on in the app settings.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

thanks for this. I've gone in and pretty much given it all the permissions. I now see blaze appearing under my Bluetooth on my Samsung galaxy 8 but when I try and pair them it says blaze rejected the pairing. Any thoughts anyone. Desperately frustrated.

Best Answer

Just spoken to Fitbit customer support who say the following. It's a recognized problem. They haven't fixed it in 5 months. They can't tell me when it will be fixed. They won't notify me when it is fixed.

Basically live with it and lump it.

Very very frustrating.

Best Answer

I can’t get the thing to work with my S8 either. Forget about getting it to connect to the GPS also.  Fitbit offered me a replacement but that wouldn’t fix the real underlying issue.  I do hope they figure out what’s wrong and can fix it.  I have a tracker that’s only a few months old that can’t be used.  It’s reall too bad.  

Best Answer

Meaning to say, we should not buy any fitbit products anymore. 

Best Answer

I got in touch w someone on fitbit and said it's an issue connection between s8 and blaze and or other fitbit smart watches. They can't give me a day when it will resolved. So I guess no more fitbit for me. I used to really love the blaze but now... nah!

Best Answer