Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronising two different devices alternatively

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, guys

I have a Charge HR and a Flex 2 and I'd like to make the most of their batteries by only sync one at a time. I saw that there is an option in the mobile app under Devices/ All Day Sync. I have stopped it for the device I'm currently not wearing, but it still syncronises. I don't want to unpair the device, it'd be a hassle to get it going again every 5 days.  

Any help? Did I miss something? 

Best regards, 

Oana

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @oana.stan, by design your app will sync all trackers that are within Bluetooth range.  If you don't want a particular tracker to sync you will need to keep it well away from any tracker you do want to sync -- perhaps in your car or in a drawer at work.  As soon as your tracker comes back into range it will start to sync if your app is open.

Syncing a few times a day should have minimal impact on the battery.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @oana.stan, by design your app will sync all trackers that are within Bluetooth range.  If you don't want a particular tracker to sync you will need to keep it well away from any tracker you do want to sync -- perhaps in your car or in a drawer at work.  As soon as your tracker comes back into range it will start to sync if your app is open.

Syncing a few times a day should have minimal impact on the battery.

Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Yes, I read about this. I thought there was perhaps some setting I overlooked. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hey, @oana.stan! Thanks for joining us! Heart Adding more than one Fitbit tracker to your account gives you the convenience of switching between trackers while still seeing all your information of your daily activity on your dashboard. 

Here are a few tips you might want to follow:

• Wear a smaller tracker for all-day step counting and the larger, full-featured Fitbit Blaze or Fitbit Surge for workouts.
  • Switch between a discreet, clip-based tracker and a convenient, wrist-based tracker.
  • Use MobileTrack if you forget your Fitbit tracker at home.
  • Switch between any trackers you like. Your account can have one of each tracker model and MobileTrack.

I hope this helps, let us know! Robot Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Blaze and a flex. My Mom wears the flex. Is there a way to see the step count on both devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They must be on separate Fitbit accounts, @ssltaylor70.  If you put both of them on your account, both your steps, etc., and your mother's steps, etc., will be added together on your account as if it were one person.

Best Answer

Hey, @ssltaylor70! It is nice to have you here. In order to see the steps of both devices, you should set up each device individually, one account for you and another one for your mother, like our good friend, @USAF-Larry suggested. 

The steps below explain how to set up a device using your computer, but you can also complete the process if you have the Fitbit app installed on a supported mobile device. For mobile instructions, See these steps

1. lick the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer. User-added image
  2. Click Open Main Menu...
  3. Click Set Up A New Fitbit Device.
  4. Click New to Fitbit and type in your information, you can use Facebook, Google or any other email.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Let us know how it goes! 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now using an Ionic together with a Flex2. The first night I synced the detailed sleep tracking of the ionic. The second night the basic sleep tracking of the flex 2 showed. How can.I make sure that only the more advanced is syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes