Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Calories in' keep reverting to zero

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been using the Fitbit app for quite some time and it has usually worked really well. The past few weeks though (not exactly sure when it started) it hasn't been working properly when adding calories to the food log. I use the quick calories add feature.

For example, I just tried to add my calories using the quick calories add feature for today for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it appeared to log them all successfully and showed them for a second before they all disappeared and the daily total reverted back to zero. It has been happening every day and I have mostly, by trial and error eventually had success in getting it to register the food, often by adding multiple times until eventually it decides to show what I have just added AND everything else it failed to show before, then I have to go back and delete a bunch of duplicates. But even this approach is not working today. It's incredibly frustrating. I have tried reinstalling but to no avail.

Searching this forum I found there was a similar issue people were reporting in 2020 but that was apparently resolved through a bug fix.

Any suggestions?
Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I found that after adding quick calories the app acts as if you haven't done it but if I then sync straightaway they show up. 

Also it took about eight attempts to add myself to the "affects me too" count on your post.

Best Answer

Hi Courtney11

This is driving me mad too has been happening for the past 2 weeks. Have yo managed to resolved the problem?

Best Answer

Unfortunately not Mairwen. I tried the syncing idea suggested by Lilbiddy but it seemed still a bit hit and miss for me. I've found just waiting it out sometimes works and the numbers seem to decide to appear hours later. But no, it's still not working how it should unfortunately.

Best Answer
Hello,Thanks for your response. I've now contacted Fitbit directly. After 35 minutes on the phone they were still bemused, but they are investigating and said they'd get back to me.I did advise them that I was not the only person to have this problem!Mairwen Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I tried everything, even creating a new fitbit account and completely factory resetting my phone. Uninstalled and reinstalled fitbit app, made sure it was the current version...everything. I have had 2 chats with customer support. In the first instance, I was told to repeat many of these attempts, which proved unsuccesful. Then, I called fitbit and the person I spoke to said "maybe the new app update doesn't support quick calories add." I find that very hard to believe as the icon for adding quick calories and the functionality to add quick calories is still part of the app. All in all, and having dealt with customer support twice, I'm having no luck whatsoever getting this problem resolved. The phone operator also seemed exasperated and bad tempered with me, acting as if everything was working fine and it was my inability to use the app which was the problem. I've used this device and app for quite some time and 'quick add calories' was working perfectly fine until a few days ago.

Best Answer
Hi MartyThanks for your message. I was hoping that Fitbit would get back to me with some magic formula, but doesn't seem very hopeful now. Like you, I've used the calorie add system for ages without any problem, but they did seem to think that the issue might lie with me, at least I'm not the only person with this problem. Mairwen Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

Hi, i am having this issue too, if anyone finds a solution please post! 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not 100% of the time no, unfortunately. But what I have found is something that seems to work most of the time. It may have actually been what Lilbiddy was suggesting all along and I misunderstood, I was going back to the main screen to sync after adding calories. But what I've found is if I add the calories  and then pull down on the next screen to save or sync or whatever it is doing, it does seem to save them properly most of the time.

8c6e836a-0a1d-412c-bcd7-3ea274f968f4.jpg   

Screenshot_20220624-085005 (1).jpg

Best Answer
HelloThis problem has now been resolved, I'm unsure whether this was achieved by my continued ranting to Fitbit or not!......Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
At last this problem seems to have been resolved thank goodness!Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same  here.   I'm getting  very  frustrated.  It just started about 3 days ago for me.   Hopefully someone for fitbit is reading these and fixes it asap!

Best Answer
I spent countless time and messages direct with Fitbit. The problem is at last resolved, I assume they managed it somehow, but I have no idea how! Everytime I spoke with them I did inform them that I was not the only person with this problem. I think that it is something to do with the App - I had assumed that they corrected this, which solved the problem for us all. Sorry that you're still struggling.Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're on Android 12, check for the 3.62 update. I got mine this morning. At first everything looked even more messed up. However once I restarted my phone, the app automatically synced with the meals I had logged via the website for the last week.

If the update is not available to you, log via fitbit's website and the data should sync for you as well post update.

Best Answer
Thank you xxxxSent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes