Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pair two Fitbit devices to the same account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After searching the forums, it appears that some users are able to have two Fitbit devices on the same account, whereas everyone else has to go through the pain of disconnecting and repairing their devices every time they want to switch devices. 

So my question is simply this: are there any two Fitbits that play nice together and can be on the same account - for example, one dedicated to exercise and the other to sleep tracking - or is this a general limitation of the Fitbit app and the people who managed to successfully get two devices to attach just got lucky through a glitch?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @Alysandir

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the Fitbit devices. 

As a general rule,  you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit App Gallery to the same account. For Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, Fitbit Luxe, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series, you can only connect one of these devices to your account at a time.

You can find more information about this in this article. Keep in mind that although this is possible in some cases, it would not be an option with the most recent models released by Fitbit. 

You may also want to vote and add your feedback for the following ideas posted in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community forums:

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, but that really doesn't answer the question. I'm trying to understand what combination of Fitbit CAN I have together?

I have two Fitbit Alta HR; the app will only let me have one at a time, despite neither using the App Gallery (whatever that is). Would buying a different model allow me to use it and the Alta HR at the same time?

Best Answer

@Alysandir Thank you for your reply. 

You can't have two of the same device paired to your account, so you could only pair one Alta HR. However, as mentioned earlier, since the Alta HR doesn't use Fitbit app Galley (the app's section where you can download apps and clock faces to a Fitbit's smartwatch), you shouldn't have any problem combining the Alta HR with any of the other devices mentioned above (Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, Fitbit Luxe, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series). 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, so if I'm understanding you correctly, I could pair a Sense for sleep and an Alta HR for exercise. That's what I was looking for. Thank you!

Best Answer

Yes, however the Sense does a better job in tracking exercises. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sure the Sense is an all-around superior device, but the Alta HR has one thing going for it that the Sense does not, and that it lacks certain functions that bar it from businesses that put a premium on security. 

Which is just a long-winded way of saying that I cannot wear modern Fitbits to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm aware that some businesses do not like any fitbit's because the Bluetooth can not bs turned off. Not sure why an Alta HE would be allowed and not a Sense. Yes the sense has WiFi but this will only be turned on while the unit is charging. A phone would be a greater security risk. It is possible that the company doesn't understand how foybit"a work, or policy is policy with no exemptions. 

However since there was nothing brought up about work, I was responding to the 2 comments about preferring the Alta HR to record exercise..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure I understand why it suddenly  feels like I'm being called to defend what I said, but suffice it to say that an organization that does not allow certain fitness devices for security reasons also does not permit personal phones. And frankly, my understanding is that the modern devices have features that that are cause for concern, whether that be built-in GPS, programmable memory, Wi-Fi (for which Bluetooth is exempt), or something else entirely.

In any event, I don't make the rules, but I need to abide by them, which is why I have to use an older device at work. I fully understood that the newer devices would have better features for all aspects, but thank you for taking the time to make sure that I understood that. 

Best Answer

I just got the sense and I was excited to read that I could now have two Fitbits linked to one account. Upon adding it however, I disconnected my old inspire hr. You say that you cannot have two watches that use the app gallery. How could you download apps to the inspire hr. I wanted to still use that one in certain cases where I could not where a watch. The inspire hr can still have the band removed and be used in a belt clip. I thought that was the perfect compliment to my new sense. It was the same reason I like my old "one." But that is long gone now. It there any way to pair both the sense and the inspire HR?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope @jhardy93 see above, currently you can not have the two units paired at the same time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to be able to have a Charge 2 & Inspire hr & have both of them show up. Now I have a Sense & that's all I see. If I want to connect the Inspire hr, I need to disconnect the Sense. Which is a pain, because I like to sleep with the smaller one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shari-Pagan you should be able to add an inspire. HR to an account with a Sense. 

Adding a Sense to the existing account will force the removal of the other trackers. Once the Sense has been added, you should have no problems re-adding the inspire HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue is wrong, inspire HR and Sense can't coexist regardless which one has been connected first 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rufous44 the inspire HR does not use the app store, therefore the two may exist. 

A user will not be able to add two devices when the both use the app store. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue @Rufous44 Thanks for your input. If I remember correctly, even though there are no apps for the Inspire HR, the clock faces for the Inspire HR are to be selected from the same app/clock face portal. So that is the reason the Sense and the Inspire HR cannot be paired to the account simmultaneously. 

@Shari-Pagan Welcome to the forums. I will gladly explain why you cannot have both devices connected. The Fitbit app only allows a device to connect to the Fitbit app store. The Charge 2 would not use the Fitbit app store, therefore it would let you pair it alongside the Inspire HR. However, the Sense now requires access to the Fitbit app store too. That is the reason why you have to replace a device when setting the other up. If you attempt to set up the Inspire HR afterwards, it will ask you to replace the Fitbit Sense. That is how it works now. I appreciate your understanding. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this link can easily close the discussion

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might, if it were accurate. I have two Alta that I cannot have at the same time; it's an older device that doesn't use the app store, but I can't have both anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes because they are identical model.

But you could have for example Alta and Alta HR, Blaze and Alta, One and Flex.

But you can't have Charge 3 and Versa, Luxe and Charge 4, Inspire and Inspire 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a lame peice of software. Is there any work started to allow 2 units to connect ?

Best Answer