Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add decimals when logging custom foods

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please help me with my issue adding custom foods? I try to put in the nutritional information and for some reason I am not able to use the decimal point ..Ex ..saturated fats might be 0.5 it wont allow me to enter it..Any help would be appreciated..Thank you

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @sweetred I've just realized that you meant that there's no option to add the point to enter decimals on the app, sorry for the misunderstanding! Woman Embarassed In this case, I recommend visiting our Feature Request Board to add this suggestion, our development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want.

In the meantime, you can keep using the online dashboard to enter your food's nutritional info.

See you, I'll be around! 

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @sweetred thanks for taking a break from stepping to join us! I have performed a test on my own account and it does allowed me to enter decimals on the nutritional info section , I recommend clearing your browser''s cookies and cache and try again. 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hi @sweetred. Same here, no problem with decimals and fractions. I would suggest clearing your browser cache entirely. For me, in the few rare cases I experienced something similar, signing off my Fitbit account, clearing the cache, and signing back on again to Fitbit, did the trick. TW

Best Answer
Thank you for for getting back to me...I just tried logging out and clearing the cache ..unfortunately it is still not working. I have to leave it at 0 to be able to track the food ... most foods I have  to enter require a decimal ...

Sent from Trish's cell...
Best Answer

Hi @sweetred. What device are you using to enter your custom food items and log your food intake? Presumably, you're using a computer; and if so, are you using the app for Win 10? Tell me more about your configuration. I'd like to get to the bottom of this with you.

TW

Best Answer
Oh my gosh..I feel so bad about this but I was trying to add the custom food on my android phone...I am so sorry for not mentioning that..I can do it from my computer fine..But I find it more convenient to do everything on my phone...That is where I am having the issue
 TRISH
Best Answer

Hey @sweetred I've just realized that you meant that there's no option to add the point to enter decimals on the app, sorry for the misunderstanding! Woman Embarassed In this case, I recommend visiting our Feature Request Board to add this suggestion, our development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want.

In the meantime, you can keep using the online dashboard to enter your food's nutritional info.

See you, I'll be around! 

Best Answer
Thank you everyone so much for all the help ...I will add it to the request board ...
Best Answer

You are welcome @SunsetRunner! Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!  

See you! 

Best Answer

I have a question regarding accuracy in foods component.  i am following sort of a ketonic diet and need to keep my carbs down.  Very simple, lots of non starchy veggies, fats for fuel, low protein intake, very low carbs.  eggs look fine but when i look for sirloin steak i see it has almost as much carbs than protein, how can that be?

When i check nutritiondata.com which also has components for minerals, inflamation factors, etc, consistently all beef and steak products, depending on the type vary on fat content but have zero carbs.

Best Answer

Hey there @Gussegura welcome! We have comprehensive food databases for the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Korea, China, and the United Kingdom. The database includes simple common items from our partner database, packaged items from national and regional brands, and menu items from restaurant chains. We update the database regularly with new foods.

Alternatively, I suggest creating your custom foods so they best reflect the amounts you are looking for. Please see the image below for reference.

Custom Foods.png

Let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Best Answer
Hi Cindy,

I research lots of foods and the packaged type does seem to be fine. The issue is in the unpacked, like meat. Having carbs in meat didn't looked right.

I saw another post regarding linking the account to MyFitnessPal so I can input the foods there and the total moves over. Kind of a pain not to see the details in food items in Fitbit, only lunch summary, snack summary, etc, but the foods and vegetables seem aligned with nutritiondata...or perhaps are linked.

This worked best for me, perhaps will not for others as I need to have a real check on the carbs to achieve ketosis.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Gussegura! Thanks for this feedback, we really appreciate you took the time to share it with us. 

I suggest adding your suggestions to improve the food database on our Feature Request boardour development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want.

In case you consider using our integration with MyFitnessPal, please check this thread with more information about linking Fitbit with MFP

See you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, so I'm using a Nexus 6 phone (from Motorola) and I am experiencing the same issue when trying to enter food items.  The decimal point does not work!  (It's on the screen, but you can't type it in)

Best Answer

Same thing here, LG G4, app version 2.32

Best Answer

Same problem here, using Android phone. I'll request this as well as it hasn't been added.

Best Answer

That didn't work for me, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has fitbit added the option of adding decimal when logging foods on iPhone platform yet?  

Best Answer

Having the same problem on android app using Samsung Galaxy S5 the decimal point just will not work - please help

Best Answer
Same on iPhone. My weight scale does not do fractions

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes