Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add decimals when logging custom foods

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please help me with my issue adding custom foods? I try to put in the nutritional information and for some reason I am not able to use the decimal point ..Ex ..saturated fats might be 0.5 it wont allow me to enter it..Any help would be appreciated..Thank you

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Mine is a Nexus 6 as well. I signed out and cleared cache and signed back in. Still can't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem on my iPhone. No decimal places when logging weight and when logging food either. Sorry to say that Fitbit is getting more and more worse with almost every update. Things which worked are becoming issues which remain unresolved for many months. Very sad.

Best Answer

The problem is worse than decimals not entering. They do, and appear to work, but get rounded down - 0.9 will get rounded down to zero.

I've found a work around for using the app to create custom foods. Shift the decimal place, enter 10 servings and 10 times each value. Now when you enter that you ate one serving decimals are recorded correctly (I checked this against the web version). The down side is your custom food nutritional info will show that one serve is 10 servings. This distinction also doesn't show in app, which makes nutritional info look alarming. But, it works to record accurately.

Best Answer

That’s genius! Such a simple solution that I wouldn’t normally think of. 😊 Can now have have the correct info in custom on my iPhone. Thank you ☺️ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This should NOT have to be a "Feature Request," that's absolutely ridiculous.  There have been multiple posts about this for MONTHS, and still nothing has been fixed.  How bloody difficult can it be to have a DECIMAL POINT in a number pad field?  For once, LISTEN to your users.  Not everyone can log on to a computer every.....single.....time.....they want to add a custom food.  What's the purpose of having an app if you have to constantly be logging on to your computer to add your food?  And why on EARTH would you get rid of a decimal place in the first place????  The fact that it was removed in the first place is just another example of the developers not thinking at all about their users.  And of course, no one cares.  And if you need a bit of help, here are some decimal points you can use................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Best Answer
0 Votes