Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
423 REPLIES 423

I have the same problem -- I also don't know why it auto recognized "mountain biking" when I actively started "biking" as the activity on my watch. For some reason the GPS data is also missing -- I'm guessing this all happened because my Charge 5 battery died in the middle of the ride (and I'm sure you can all guess why that happened after the new update...)

Best Answer

Same thing, just generic sport for 2 hours of pickleball this morning. I haven't been able to put that in anyway, the closest I could get was tennis since I had the select from your pre-approved list of sports. But now I can even select tennis. No input change on that field

Best Answer

Not able to update workout types for me either. Can tap into the text box but no keyboard popup to enter correct info. 

Best Answer

There's an issue right away: I can't edit an activity type any more.

Mowing the lawn this morning, Fitbit recognised it as a BMX ride and I can't change it like I used to

Best Answer

With the new updated app, when going to edit the exercise name. It doesn't trigger the keyboard and I'm unable to change the type

Best Answer

I've been doing a "work around" to track using my rowing machine for a long time. Previous app I could track as a treadmill session then go in and edit it to include distance and speed. But no longer. New app will not allow me to change the name of the activity at all, and if I add a new activity, Rowing or Rowing Machine for the same time frame, it will only track time, nothing else. So, new design takes something that worked about 50% and broke it totally. 

YesterdayYesterdayTodayToday

Best Answer

The new app does not work as the old one did. Before I could put in a distance when I used the rowing machine. NOW it only allows duration. AND when I put it as rowing I cannot change it after. IT shows only walk. 

Best Answer

The old app worked perfectly and never misclassified any of my activity.  This is most definitely a bug. It also went and changed all my older activities from "outdoor bike" to "mountain bike".

App: 4.0 (40079041), Galaxy S21 FE, Android 13

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, the steps you've tried on your own and the screenshots provided. Let me share that this issue has been escalated to our team and they're currently investigating.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and I appreciate your feedback. Please know that I'll update this thread as soon as I have more details to share.

Best Answer

I was also unable to edit the duration of an activity due to this bug on my Pixel 6. So I installed Fitbit app on my iPhone, and succeeded in editing it. I think it might worth trying if you have both.

Best Answer

i am having the same issue since recently updating the app

Best Answer

I cannot edit activities either despite all the instructions that have been given.

I am running Android version 10 on an S9

Best Answer

I am trying to add Zumba on the updated app on iPhone.  It won’t let me and it isn’t showing exercise for today, only the 6,244 steps recorded thus far.  Not happy with the update … “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Best Answer

I totally agree,  the app worked great, why did fitbit changed it?

I also don't like the colors at all, why is it so pale? Like a medical report. The red and orange color fitted much more to a lively sport activity. 

Please enable the users to choose versions....

Best Answer

I have the same issue, unable to edit the activity name. I have to choose tennis as squash is not a sport that is available on the Versa 4, then I would edit the name in app aftwards. Now I can't 🙁 OS android color OS13.1

Best Answer

The keyboard does NOT pop up. This is a bug

Best Answer

This is in the Android version 

Best Answer

The same is happening on Samsung Galaxy S20 using app 4.00.1

Best Answer

I followed your instruction and it still is not working for me. This is very frustrating and i'm considering going to The iPhone and using the apple watch. I've never had this must trouble before, and it's so frustrating to me.

Best Answer

Same issue for me on OnePlus 9.

I used to always correct the activity name afterwards, but now the keyboard does not appear when tapping in that field to edit it.

Best Answer