Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
423 REPLIES 423

I have the exact same issue to edit it to lawn mowing.  I found I could do it no my tablet until that app also got updated.  Tonight I did it on my wife's laptop, which let me edit all but one instance.  For some reason I can not change that one form Outdoor Biking.  New app looks like it was designed for grade school kids in crayon.

Best Answer

I noted that there is a new app version 4.01 installed on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10) but this bug has not been fixed. Before the new app roll-out, I used to edit my activity name on an almost daily basis (I ice skate which is not one of the workout types you can launch from your Fitbit device, nor is it auto recognized.) Ice skating was a choice in the edit drop down list, but I can't get to it without a keyboard.

I know you said this has been reported to the developers, but has it been acknowledged by them as an issue? I thought it would have been fixed by now. Is it an issue on the iOS side?

Best Answer
This is only an Android app issue. The developers are aware, but they have
not said when, and if it will be corrected.

Hope it is soon.
Best Answer

I've had this issue with the last three iterations of the FitBit app for Android. It's not a new issue.

Best Answer

Same for me on Samsung A52. 

Google play 4.01

However have logged into my account on the PC. Found that I can change my activity there ONLY if its an automatically generated log ie records time abd steps  

If I record the activity via the phone ( then you can't amend) and only comes out as one of the preset choices. So walking for me  I've usually changed it to eg golf. So I know the distance 

Fingers crossed on the new update 

Best Answer

Doesn't work for me.  Samsung S9, Android 10.  When I go on my computer, I see the pencil to edit my activity.  When I logged the activity with my watch, I selected "workout", which is what Fitbit told us to select so we could edit it later.  When I click on the pencil a box pops up.  I can type a new name for the activity, but when I click update, the new name does not stay and it shows workout again.

Best Answer

As far as mobile applications it certainly seems to be related to the Android O/S only, however I was told to try editing auto generated activity via the Fitbit website on a desktop computer and it lets me edit the entry however nothing is ever saved.  

This bug needs to be fixed soon, until then try to edit your activity entries on the fitbit website. I was able to TRY to edit them but nothing would save when I clicked apply.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20231016_080902.jpg

I have had this same issue now for at least a year. When trying to edit activity type it came with an error message saying something like "Unable to connect to fitbit.com" and wouldn't save my changes. Now with the new app it won't let me edit it at all. The keyboard simply does not show up. I am a horse rider and horseback riding is not a pre-prompted option on the fitbit watch so I have to edit it in afterwards. But I can't even do that and haven't been able to for a long time.

I am also using Android. 

Best Answer

Why is that issue marked as solved when it's not? It's just been reported to the developers 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

Have you mentioned the edit doesn't work on the website either?

Best Answer

The edit function makes no sense. An exercise that has been automatically generated, allows alterations to date and time and duration, which it should not but will not let you change the actual exercise which you always could. Were the updates never tested?

Best Answer

Same problem here. Cannot edit activity. Pixel 7 also.

Best Answer

It appears they weren't.  Why spend money on testers when you can just push the update out and let the users be the testers.

Best Answer

Such a shame that the devs are ignoring this issue and not doing anything to fix it. I was considering upgrading to Fitbit Premium but if they can't even get the app to work properly there's no point. I'm now looking at other fitness tracker brands that actually work to switch to. 

Best Answer
Yes, KahliaB I agree. I have been loyal to FitBit for 11 years despite several other family members dropping it for an alternative. I was most annoyed that on the latest upgrade!!!, some of my previously recorded exercise (including maps) were lost. Not much of an improvement in my view.Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer

Same on a Motorola Edge+ 5G

Best Answer

Having the same issue as others have shared. And I see it's not being addressed. I'll now have to disable auto recognizing exercise in order to actually keep up with my workouts myself.

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue as of today. It's been like this since the last big update. I thought it was on me for not being able to find anything with all the contrasts being so different, but seeing that this is still an open issue is infuriating. Would love to see some feedback on the progression of this bug.

Best Answer

This has been ongoing, could we please have an update? A month of not recording accurately and then not being able to at least manually edit is unacceptable. 

Best Answer
Yes we should be getting an update for such a big app issue
Best Answer

I wouldn't hold my breath.  I'm still waiting for them to fix the issue with it showing my exercise in the am when it is really the pm.  This issue is a couple of years old already.  Their answer for that is to change to 24 hours.  So, if I work out at 6pm and it says it is 6am, they tell us to change to 24 hours, so it says 18.  Most of us don't want to do that.  Seems they aren't willing to do anything more on that issue. They really don't care. This is what you get.  Be happy with it.

Best Answer