Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
422 REPLIES 422

The Fitbit app on my iPhone app has not allowed me to change the the type of exercise.

I contacted Fitbit support and was told that the change is what user have requested.

To me this is clearly a bug in the Fitbit app software.

There appears to be no action by Fitbit rectify this important issue.

Best Answer

I'm still facing this issue, on the pixel 7 Pro, the Fitbit app doesn't allow me edit sport and say tennis

Best Answer

When you type in your activity does a drop down menu appear? Just now I went to change some of my activity that Fitbit categorized as walks to hikes and at first it didn't save. Then I noticed when I typed "hike" that a dropdown with "hike" appeared and when I selected it and then clicked "update" it saved it that time.

Best Answer
This is a glitch that is not affecting everyone, but from the evidence of
this thread, it is affecting lots of people.

When you select the activity to edit, no keyboard pops up so there is no
way to change it. (This has only happened since the big update, worked
fine before that)
Best Answer

The bug we're experiencing is that we can't even select or type another option, the keyboard doesn't appear.

Best Answer

Try clicking https://www.fitbit.com/activities and look for your activity that you need to edit. It will have a pencil beside it if it can be edited. Click on the pencil of the activity you want to edit, type in the bar "tennis" and when you see a dropdown with "tennis" select it and then click "update". If you don't select the activity from the drop down or create an activity, it won't update. If you selected the type of exercise from your watch, it won't give you the option to edit it. 

Best Answer
The issue is that I can't edit in the app, as I used to. Who has time to go
to the website to edit every single exercise manually, when I used to be
able to do it on my phone in seconds?
Best Answer

I agree, it's a pain and I wish they would fix it but based on their response, they are not fixing it. I'm actually looking at other fitness trackers because I am really disgruntled with all of the changes in the update.

Best Answer
That's exactly why we're all complaining - a complete loss of
functionality.

I got a fitbit to use with my phone app 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:🤷🏼‍:female_sign:
Best Answer

I know, I was mad when it categorized my lawn mowing as outdoor bike. That's when I came here to see if anyone else was having this problem and received the reply with the workaround. I'm also upset that I can't change my profile picture anymore. I feel like Google is the cause of all of these issues we're having and Fitbit could not care less.

Best Answer
I can only change exercise type the way you described if it's an automatic exercise which just records the calories, time etc but not actual distance in eg miles.

If you use your fitbit or on your phone coz i want to see the distance in miles .. then you can't edit these ones ..

----------
Sent from Android Samsung
Best Answer

Yep - that is exactly the problem. Fitbit can not expect to be taken seriously as a fitness tracker the user you can’t track the fitness properly from the device. 

Best Answer

Tennis is already an activity that Fitbit recognizes.  There should be no need to select sport and then change it to Tennis.  Just select Tennis in the first place.  The problem we are all complaining about is not changing to an activity that Fitbit already recognizes, but to one that is not in the database.  There are many activities that people do that are not listed in the dropdown menu.  Before the update, we were able to create an activity name and change the preselected one.  Fitbit recommended selecting Workout, since that was one that could be changed.  When you went to edit it, a keyboard appeared allowing you to type a new activity name.  The keyboard does not appear after the update.  This is not a feature.  It's a bug.  And they won't fix it.  That's why we're mad.

Best Answer
Tennis is the activity that I used to select in lieu of the generic "Sport"
selection that Fitbit assigned because it is incapable of recognizing
pickleball. Now Apple, they actually look at user data and see that gee
whiz, pickleball is more popular than tennis. They actually even know that
pickleball is a sport. Fitbit doesn't. Thus I'm stuck choosing Tennis. But
I can't even do that now. Because they broke the software and don't care
enough about users to fix it.
Best Answer
The problem is, the keyboard doesn't appear on the app hence i can't make
changes.

- abhijit
Best Answer

Why does it say solved and then go to an answer that says it's been reported. Reported is clearly not solved!?

Best Answer
Hi

Have a fitbit luxe.

Just had an upgrade to the fitbit itself this morning

Found if you choose an exercise we now have a bigger list now on my luxe covering more exercise types than the few you were allowed to do ! Eg swimming tennis etc

I have custom categorises set up. Let's see if we can amend. Probably the same as before ... just amend automatic exercise which doesn't show the distance

Progress

----------
Sent from Android Samsung
Best Answer

I can't even get to that screen.  Everything is auto recognized as Walk and there is absolutely no way to change it.  I've had the new app for about a month or so, but still had the old functionality on individual exercise until about a week ago.  I cannot change the exercise type to anything other than Walk. Using an iPhone. 

Best Answer

Yes can’t edit the exercise type after it is logged and if you go to select an exercise type to start an exercise via the app it only lets me see walk, run, and hike. So I always have to change it when I bike. Please give us back the functionality we had. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue and was hoping to find the answer here, but only find it "answered" but the problem still exists. 

This new app is terrible and utterly frustrating. 

Best Answer