Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428
Thank you moderator Rodrigo,
I am so happy this issue is resolved.

Many of us simply wish that Fitbit-Google would have extended us all
greater transparency in communication regarding the correction of this
situation.

thank you
Best Answer

I just received another update for the Fitbit app on my iPhone but unfortunately it didn’t include the fix for changing the exercise type when editing. Maybe they haven’t implemented the update for iPhone yet, or it is a staggered release or something. But why doesn’t Fitbit post something in the forum about this instead of keeping us in the dark?

Best Answer

I have android - not solved yet, perhaps when they roll out the next update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please inform us when the iOS app is back to normal as well, please...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SigridNLB Thanks for your reply. Please note that this is the Android board. To keep the community organized, I suggest you visit the iOS board (click here) to confirm that. If I happen to hear about it first, I will definitely tell you.

@SmittyM since you have not gotten the latest app update yet, please be patient. Updates are rolled out in waves and every user will soon receive it. 

@agentmidnight Thanks for your input and explanation as well. @mjdmaine Thank you for the reply and confirming this is still not working for iOS. 

What I can surely tell you, is that this situation was reported and Fitbit was already working on a solution. If I had had more information about this situation, I would have certainly shared it with you. Thanks for your feedback! I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been resolved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has been fixed on my phone (pixel 7) with the latest update.
Best Answer

By some miracle it's also been fixed on my Samsung. 

Best Answer

Is the issue fixed or are we only able to edit automatically detected workouts ? I always start logging on the fitbit manually and then edit after the workout. I'm using the pre september version of the app which continues to function perfectly. I'd rather not update until I know the issue is fully resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Been a hassle for a long time now. And still not fixed in iOS. And not even in the web interface. The whole general UI update was not well received here. But I can ignore how things look. How they work, not. And that they display, "Answered" with a green checkmark is a farce!

Best Answer

Issue still unresolved,  Activity type cannot be updated.  The whole new activities set up in the App is terrible, btw

Best Answer
My pixel 7 now works after latest update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thanks for your posts about editing exercises on the Fitbit app. 

The keyboard is now showing up when you want to edit the activity. However, please note that you can only edit activities that were automatically recognized by your Fitbit device. The ones you start manually cannot be changed. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not believe the moderator.  Not true.  Yesterday I started walking, then got on the tram.  My Fitbit auto recognized that I was riding a bike.  I tried to edit the activity as a walk, but the keyboard did not come up.  I deleted the activity instead.  Also, I would note that if you manually start an activity as workout, you can edit it later as the keyboard does show up.  This is on the Android version of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sriver Thanks for your reply and your own experience when recategorizing the activities. I am sharing what I was able to change on my own app. We shall see what others are experiencing. 

I am able to edit all automatically logged activities. On the other hand, manually started activities I cannot change. However, I just noticed that my manually logged activities are all GPS based. That could be the reason it does not let me change them, as you say the app does let you change yours. I just tried to change a non GPS manually logged activity and I was able to recategorize it. @Sriver Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was able to change both automatically and manually logged activities, as long as they were not recorded with GPS data. Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date and try again. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
That's very interesting, perhaps the fix is still rolling out and/or is
region based.

For myself on Android the issue was fixed with the last update.
Best Answer
It was fixed for me also, but now there is a new update, and frankly it
makes my face twitch to think about installing it.
Best Answer

@agentmidnight @KirkChg5Pix6a Thanks for the confirmation it was resolved with the last app update. I am glad to read that. 

@KirkChg5Pix6a Do not fear. Updates bring general bug fixes and performance improvements. You can always turn off "auto update" and wait for other users' experiences after they update and then you can decide to update the app or not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, I always start manually choosing workout and change it on the mobile app.  With the latest fix, this is working now as well for Android. 

Best Answer

Still not working for IOS.

Best Answer