Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
427 REPLIES 427

Any update on this issue?

Best Answer

@shellyrosebud Welcome to the forums. Please note that you can now rename activities that your device tracked automatically. GPS Activities on the other hand, cannot be changed at the moment. This has been reported and Fitbit is working on it. I appreciate your patience. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated to get the latest releases. 

@Agazoth Thanks for your reply.  No update so far. Fitbit is working on a solution. As soon as I receive more information about it, I will get back to you. Thanks for your patience. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

You say “you can now rename activities that your device tracked automatically.” How do you do that? When I click on the edit pencil in upper right corner all I can do is change the time. It’s the same with activities that I track from my device. My Fitbit only gives me a few options and I used to be able to go in on ap then and change the name of the activity. I hope this will be fixed. 

Best Answer

@shellyrosebud Thanks for the reply. Which smartphone do you have? Here is how you do it.  Let me explain. Open the app and go to the activities tile. Locate the activity log you want to edit and open it. Once you tap on the pencil icon, you tap on the name and you are able to enter the desired activity's name. Then you can save for the changes to take effect. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

I have an I-phone 14 running iOS 17.3.1. And NO, I am unable to do that. The only thing I can edit is the start and stop time. Am I missing something???

IMG_2308.png

Best Answer

@shellyrosebud Thanks for the swift reply and the screenshot. Please note that this is the Android board. All that is posted here refers to the Android operating system. Thge situation for iOS devices remains and Fitbit is working on a solution. 

To keep the community organized, I recommend you visit the iOS thread (click here). There you will find updates about the situation for iOS devices. Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

Thank you! The treads are very confusing as I have no idea how I got put on the Adroid board as I just searched for help in general. 😞

Best Answer

@shellyrosebud Thanks for the reply. Nothing to worry about. There you have the direct link. Thanks again for your understanding and patience. Have a good one!

Best Answer

The workaround for the iOS app allowed users to view their activities using the superior pre-google user interface. It also allowed users to fix incorrect auto-recognized exercise categories. Google corrected both of those "errors" with the release of version v4.10 ...

Best Answer

No longer works. It merely kicks me over to ActiveFit, one of the organizations that Google now has a relationship with. It’s all about those business relationships and not about customer service. 

Best Answer

Just a reminder. Using a pre september version of the app (and removing auto update) fixes the problem and also restores functionality.

Best Answer
How do I get a pre-September version - as suggested - so I can get
functionality back ?
(Can’t believe this is the fix !)
Best Answer

This is still very much broken. Any updates on progress?

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Welcome to the forums to the newcomers.

Please note that you can now rename activities that your device tracked automatically. GPS Activities on the other hand, cannot be changed at the moment. This has been reported and Fitbit is working on it. I appreciate your patience. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated to get the latest releases. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

RodrigoMFitbit's post above mine is indeed correct, for Android users.

All the replies saying this is still not working are most likely on iOS and replying here even though this is the ANDROID subforum. If you're not sure which forum you're in, just check the top of this page where you'll see

Community  >   Platform  >   Android App   >  Re: Can't edit the exercise activity type. Keyboar...

Rodrigo has linked the iOS thread on this issue several times in this thread.

-----------------

If you are on ANDROID and still having trouble with this, make sure you're choosing a recognized activity from the dropdown that appears when you start typing to change the exercise name. If it's not a recognized name, it won't take. In my experience, you want to create any new, unrecognized activities by doing the edit from the web interface the first time. After saving it on the web at least once, it should become a recognized exercise and will appear in the dropdown list on the Android app after that.

Screenshot_20240322_153636~2.jpg

Best Answer

@CheriePie Thank you very much for the screenshots and the explanation. This will definitely help other users out. It is true, if the activity is not on the database, you have to first create it ober the Fitbit.com dashboard and only then it will appear on the list to rename an activity. That is an important details. Thanks again. 

Hopefully we will be able to edit GPS activities again soon. Thanks for your patience!

Best Answer

Hi @shellyrosebud 

Since google intentionally broke the workaround in v4.10, the only way to recategorize your activities if you're on the iOS platform is to use the activity log on the fitbit.com dashboard. If the activity was auto-recognized, a pencil will be displayed next to the activity. Clicking/tapping on the pencil will allow you to select an existing activity or create a new custom activity. In the example below, I was doing yard work and my Charge4 categorized it as a 'Walk'. I changed it to 'Yard work'.

$fitbit31.jpg

Best Answer

@mcw53 Thanks for the explanation. Please note that this is the Android board. To keep the community organized and avoid creating confusion between platforms, I recommend you post future recommendations for the iOS app on the respective thread (click here). Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! 

I do appreciate you taking the time to explain users that are in doubt. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rodrigo, I know this is the Android App forum. If Shelly had posted on the iOS App forum, I would have replied there. Since she did not receive an answer here, I thought I would provide a solution. Just trying to be helpful. I was quite clear in my post that this applied to the iOS platform. $fitbit32.jpg

Best Answer

@mcw53 I totally understand and as mentioned before, I appreciate you taking the time to explain it to users in doubt.

In the future, I recommend that if there are any mixed threads or conversations you can post your reply/advice in the respective thread and tag the desired user using "@". That way the user will be notified about it and you will help us keep the forums organized. I know your intention is in the right place. It is my duty to keep threads organized and as you can tell, there was some confusion before. That is the sole reason. Thanks again for your contribution to the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes