Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get charge hr to pair.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have just bought a Fitbit Charge HR off someone I know and have seen it working fine but once home I have tried to pair it with my Samsung s8+ and it won't pair, I have set up an account get to the press button and the stopwatch starts so have to hold the button and then the phone asks for the code I enter that and it says connecting then does nothing apart from returning to the account screen. I have tried to connect using the computer but that says something went wrong and won't connect. I have done a factory reset and every other bit of advice I have found and nothing works, I want to start using this but am at the point of just throwing it in the bin and buying something else.

Please can anyone offer anything else I could try to get this thing working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Forums @Spurslad.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing what you have tried, it sounds bothersome.

It is possible that the Charge HR has been bonded with the previous owner's device. I'd recommend that you try to get in touch with that person and then ask them to get into their phone's Bluetooth settings and remove the Charge HR from there. After that has been done please try to follow the steps in this article

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, but this is an original fitbit that I bought. It has stopped pairing on my Samsung S8+. I have tried numerous times to set it up. Have removed/reinstalled app and made sure bluetooth doesn't see it. I once scanned for Bluetooth devices while it was resolving the 4-digit code and I saw a mac address show but it couldn't identify it the device. It only lists my car and scale. The setup icon just spins and spins and never end. Can't think of what else to try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @kateocon.

Thanks for sharing everything that you have tried before to posting in here! I'd like to help you out.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this article. Some of the steps you might have already tried but please give it a shot by going through all of them in order. They should do the trick.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I tried all that multiple times. Reset, re-installed, checked settings, unpaired other Bluetooth devices (which re-paired immediately when I added them) but no Fitbit. After entering code, just spinning indefinitely.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kateocon.

Thanks for reaching back and trying those steps.

In this case I'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you doing this on the Fitbit app or on the Bluetooth settings of the phone?
  • If you are doing it on the settings, try to run the set up on the app once more. 

In the meantime, please try to follow the steps I shared in here. They might be able to help. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was setting up through the app. During one of the many, many, many tries, I switched over to Blue tooth just to see if there was life showing up. I don't set up through Bluetooth. Tired once more today. Still just connecting . . . after I put the 4 digit code in.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help, nothing worked even after spending nearly an hour talking to support so took it back to where I bought it and went on amazon and got a new one which works great. 

Best Answer

Hey @Spurslad and @kateocon.

@Spurslad Thanks for letting us know. Glad to read that everything is working correctly now. 

@kateocon Thanks for letting me know. Our support team should be getting in touch with you, so please keep an eye on the inbox of the email linked to your Fitbit account.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes