Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't rotate to landscape mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy tab S - only started this morning. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it. Whilst it still would not rotate like before (which is more frustrating than I can emphasise without being rude!) I did get the extra squares with the additional tiles in as shown by USAF-Larry, but then when I next opened it, they had disappeared again.I really would like to go back to having the ability to go back to landscape view on my tab, even if it means scrolling down to view additional tiles. Portrait view is no good to me as I cannot connect the charger, unless it is allowed to rotate to allow me to turn the tab upside down in portrait. I am getting neck ache with this now. Coupled with the flaky sync ability, I am really losing faith in Fitbit!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
26 REPLIES 26

Wrong!  The expected behavior is that the app screen will auto-rotate when the smartphone/tablet device is physically rotated.  I think what you mean is, "The app is doing what we programmed it to do (GIGO) and it is too hard for Fitbit to fix the app so that the app does what Fitbit users expect it to do."

Best Answer

That is almost exactly what they mean. All I would add to your post is "re-," as in "reprogrammed." The app used to rotate while on the main dashboard page, not just the sleep graph, but they took that feature away with that update. And FitBit still will not tell us why they took away this function.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick note for fitbit product managers and developers.  I use my fitbit to track my heart rate.  I am recovering from a infection that damaged my heart.  I use your app to monitor bradycardia episodes.  How many, when, how severe, etc.  I was able to do that in landscape mode on my phone pretty well.  Removing landscape mode and not being able to select points in the graph to get the reading makes my fitbit negligibly useful.  I have continued to use fitbit over competitor devices because you gave me better access and visibility to all my data.  Taking that away will cause me and others to look for other solutions.

This may seem a minor use case but you may be surprised at how your user base responds diminishing functionality.

Best Answer

I have galaxy phone & tab. Im looking at their versions of the fitness trackers. they seem to do the same thing, and i actually prefer the ease of use of the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have come to the conclusion that Fitbit and its apps are now crap. I will not be replacing my aged HR with a new Fitbit. Time to shop around for something else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit and its apps are therefor total crap. Time to change brands with the demise of my aged HR!

Thanks for the answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn’t work in iOS either!

Best Answer
0 Votes