Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select serving measurements while logging food

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When tracking food with the fitbit app, I used to be able to say if it was grams, ounces, a "serving" etc. Suddenly, this option is gone. It just defaults to ... something and I have to guess what that measurement is. Where did this option go? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. 

@Goto10 Nice to see you in the forums again. 

Thanks for reaching out about the unit for a food log. I noticed that happening, where the field to select the unit disappeared. However, it may not be shown but it is still there. I just checked on my app and while logging a fruit (banana) there was no field for the unit, just the size of portions and next to it the calories are shown. If you tap in between the calories and the portion size field, you should get the dropdown list to select the unit. I will post screenshots later on to show you. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Elle412.

Thank you for the information provided.

To log a food please follow the next steps:

- Tap Start logging your food

- Tap "+"

- Tap Log food

- Select the food you want to log

- Next to the Serving size you'll find an arrow pointing down, tap on it to change the serving size

I moved this thread to the Android app board because it is more related to the topic.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. The reason I posted in the first place was because the option with the arrow point down has disappeared. It USED to exist, but not anymore.  Serving size can no longer be changed.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response @Elle412.

I just verified the Fitbit app on my phone and it shows me the option to change the Serving Size.

To try to resolve the issue, please do the following:

- Log out from the Fitbit app

- Reboot your cellphone

- Log back into the Fitbit app

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this has not resolved the issue. Neither did reinstalling the app or clearing the cache or any other option. There is clearly a glitch as this occurred after a recent update. 

It is frustrating but I will use another app until it is resolved. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Elle412.

Our team has just released a new version of the Fitbit app (3.39 for Android and iOS). If you haven't received the notification to update, you'll receive it over the next days.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdsonFitbitis correct the dropdown is gone. This has been reported in at least 3 different posts.  Could maybe one of Fitbits people open their own app and look at this?  Done all suggestions and my phone is Galaxy S20+ with newest software and removed reinstalled the newest Fitbit app in Google Play and cleared cache.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have installed the March 2 update and no change still no dropdown.  Galaxy S20+ newest UI 3.1 update but it was the same before all updates and after.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community @steveo57.

Our team has just informed us that they are aware of this problem and are working towards a resolution. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while it gets resolved.

In the meantime, we recommend logging your food through the online Dashboard at fitbit.com > Log > Food.

See you around.

Best Answer

Thanks for the timely answer and look forward to the fix. If possible let us know when this is fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @steveo57.

When any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi when is this going to be fixed ? For example I tried to log porridge oats today and about 20 options came up with "serving size" all with vastly different cal counts so assume the size (grams) were different and no way to work out what size the serving is. It's fairly fundamental to food tracking to be accurate and forcing us to the web platform is inconvenient to say the least!

---------- 

Oh I worked it out. It is literally invisible on the Android app. There is a white on white down arrow.! Good luck if you have any visual impairment finding it ... I don't think Fitibit have done an accessibility test ! 

Screenshot_20210415-155043_Fitbit.jpg

lly invisible on the Android app

Best Answer

Thanks for that it really does work unbelievable just tap the BLANK space between serving size and cals who wudda thunk it.  Now that you figured figured out this insanity they will probably change it where it will not work 😀.  Now FB fix the heartrate algorithm and we will be happy💔

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is that arrow that we previously saw is no longer there. Just updated the app to see if that was the issue, but it did not resolve the problem. I did recently upgrade to the S21 Ultra...perhaps there is an app issue for newer phones?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Geez we do a lot of logging out, rebooting on Fitbit device and App.

Best Answer

I really haven't had issues until this point with the app, and I'm going on 5 years and 2 Fitbit devices. But, the ease of having all healthy habits tracked in one place (food/water/weight/activity/sleep) is important to me. If this isn't resolved in the next few weeks, I am looking at alternatives to the Fitbit...and while this is a new issue for me, it does look like the issue has been around for a while. The temporary "fix" of tracking in the website is not convenient at all and is quite difficult on the phone. I'm not doing that, but am using 2 separate apps, which is annoying enough for me to invest a new brand of device with an app that works well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

AWESOME! It be great if it weren't invisible, but at least it's better than "log into the website"!

Best Answer

I am running a second food log app because the Fitbit food log app as noted has a white on white non functioning food portion drop down arrow. I use second app to get gram calorie count and then enter numbers on Fitbit until it's a match. Ridiculous huh. Also I have tried logging food via website dashboard and this does not sync with app or Fitbit Sense. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any solution to this or should I just move on to a different app/watch etc?

It's absolutely infuriating that nothing has been done about this for months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Solution is just click on the blank space where quantities normally are and
all the quantities will show and then you can pick oz, grams etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes