Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select serving measurements while logging food

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When tracking food with the fitbit app, I used to be able to say if it was grams, ounces, a "serving" etc. Suddenly, this option is gone. It just defaults to ... something and I have to guess what that measurement is. Where did this option go? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30
It is actually an "invisible carrot" in the white space next to the amount.
So you can click it and access the drop down menu...it's just annoying.and
yes, long overdue for a fix.

Blessings In Health,

Jennifer Wilson
Best Answer

This does not work on Android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having this issue in March 2022, it is just yet another example of the effort Fitbit puts into years old problems, approximately 0 effort. Another issue i have has been floating around the Forums for a Decade. £150 watch - £0.1 customer service. 

Best Answer

some issue, followed directions to logout, quit, reboot. still have the problem, but now I lost 2 month of data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a returning Fitbit customer. I had a Flex up to 2019. I loved the food input section back then. It's totally changed now and I'm having trouble adjusting. The worst thing was not being able to control the units of servings. After 2 days I was trying to jump through hoops to figure it out. Then I accidently tapped to the right side of the servings number and boom,  a pull down menu for various units showed up! I was thrilled. The invisible down arrow is indeed invisible. But so much happier now. The user interface is still so clumsy and somehow chicken thigh calories seems way too much. But it's now workable. I don't know how long this has been fixed. I just started with a new Inspire 2.

Best Answer

Still invisible and not working on Android App. Doesn't matter where I tap, how hard I tap or how hard or light I tap, there is no drop down menu. Ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Just got my new Luxe today and same issue! Doesn't matter where I tap, I'm not able to change the units of measurement for the serving size. So ticked off about this!

Best Answer

We're now into 2023 and the issue still persists. No way to change serving units (grams etc)

Galaxy Fold 4 on latest software.

Why won't FitBit fix this teeny but massively frustrating error?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. 

@Goto10 Nice to see you in the forums again. 

Thanks for reaching out about the unit for a food log. I noticed that happening, where the field to select the unit disappeared. However, it may not be shown but it is still there. I just checked on my app and while logging a fruit (banana) there was no field for the unit, just the size of portions and next to it the calories are shown. If you tap in between the calories and the portion size field, you should get the dropdown list to select the unit. I will post screenshots later on to show you. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Yes the thingy is there on the app but it does not work! therefore question is not answered. God this is tedious and boring, please fix it, get the work experience kid on it, it'll be sorted in 5 minutes. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

No it does not work 

Best Answer
0 Votes