Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sign in to Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife and I both have fit bits (Charge 2 for me & HR Alta for her. We have just travelled from Brisbane where everything worked fine to Singapore. Here the automatic time changed on our phones and Fitbits, and syncing was fine. We then travelled to Vietnam, but could no longer access our Fitbit (android) apps. It said we needed to sign in, and when we did it said incorrect userid or password. When we asked for a password reset via forgot password it failed and said network error. When we try to access our accounts on the web, it half shows our dashboard (some tiles just have a spinning icon), but we cannot access our account settings. The only option that works is log out.

Having read all relevant posts, we have tried Bluetooth on/off, restarts, app delete/reinstall, log out/in, Charge restart in all combinations we can think of, but still exactly the same result - an app we can’t sign into, and a web account that will not allow us to access settings, so we cannot try turning off automatic location and setting a manual Timezone (not that I necessarily think that is the full issue.

I would appreciate any help as I have now been trying to fix this for a full day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Now cruising on the Mekong, and everything now back to normal with the change in wifi network.

Amazing how something that simple can cause so many problems, and then be back to normal with a change in network???

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@SpiritAu Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear you and your wife are having difficulty logging into the app. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I would like to confirm if you are using the Android app version 2.61 or if you have downloaded the latest version 2.62? Looking forward to your response! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aless - Thanks for responding. While I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, I have just looked on the Play Store and see that the app is v2.61. I guess 2.62 is not available on our version of Play Store?

Do you have any suggestions for how we might get to the latest version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aless - When I use your link it takes me to the Play store which has the 2.61 version. However, I'm not sure that is the issue as everything was working and it stopped for both of us at the same time. Also, the change log for 2.62 doesn't seem to have anything related to our issues.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now cruising on the Mekong, and everything now back to normal with the change in wifi network.

Amazing how something that simple can cause so many problems, and then be back to normal with a change in network???

Best Answer

@SpiritAu Thanks for providing additional information! Happy to hear you're able to log into the app again. The Fitbit for Android app version 2.62 is now released to 100% of users. Please check the Google Play store again and it should be there available for download. Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes