Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload a profile picture - Samsung S20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I can't upload a profile picture from my phone (Samsung S20) onto my fitbit app. It tells me access denied and can't save cropped image

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Dave692 and Welcome to the Help forums.  I am moving your post to the Android forum.  You have an app issue, not a device issue.  Perhaps a fellow Android user can help you.  

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @Dave692, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Did you experience this issue after a Fitbit app update? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

@LZeeW Thanks for moving this post to the correct board, your help is always appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer

I also have exactly the same issue.  I am new to this and am set up a new account but it won't let me upload a photo to my profile. Same error message... access denied! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done what you suggested and it still doesn't work 😥

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Simolady64, I'm sorry to know that you're experiencing the same issue.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. To further investigate this situation, can you please try to change your profile photo using Fitbit.com instead? This way we will be able to identify if the issue is affecting our Android users only.

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi So going to fitbit.com I was able to upload a background photo but still no profile photo 😥Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @Simolady64.

Thanks for the information that was shared with me. Can you please let me know if you received an error message while trying to change your profile picture? Or the profile picture did simply never load? Which web browser are you using?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having same issue,  know of many others in the community as well. We all have done what you and your technicians have suggested, on our various phones as well as through our accounts at fitbit.com... nothing. Same error messages "access denied" and "cant save cropped picture" .... seeing the earlier posts, this problem is ongoing over 2 months of app updates... getting frustrated now ...

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went to change my profile picture via fitbit mobile application and it says access denied also not able to crop. Note 10 phone.  Have not had this issue in the past. Please fix this issue, thanks. 

Best Answer