Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create private group - Can't add a picture

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to create a new private group on a Pixel 4 XL.

I've looked elsewhere and I need to add a picture, but I can't as I get "Editing not enabled for this image" whatever image I choose. 

As I can only create a private group through the app, this means I can't do it *at all*, unless there is some work around that means I can do this using the phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @geejaytee, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Did you experience this issue after a Fitbit app update? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have uninstalled Fitbit, upgraded the Android (Android 11, security update 5 January 2021), and reinstalled Fitbit.

I still get the error message

Best Answer

Your reply is appreciated @geejaytee.

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post, seems odd that you're still receiving the error message. To verify if this is affecting our Android users only, can you please try creating a private group using the Fitbit.com dashboard and let me know how it goes?

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find where to do this on the Dashboard: both of the below options take me to the community discussions and don't direct me towards groups, and there are no options in "Friends" or any other tabs for creating groups so I am unable to test what you say.

Screenshot 2021-01-07 100159.png

I have noticed in other discussions in the Community that the same error occurs at every point in the Android app (with a Pixel phone) where photos can't be uploaded (and every time the work around is to use the web dashboard, which I can't do for creating groups)

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/quot-Editing-is-not-supported-quot-error-message/m-p/464...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/quot-Editing-not-supported-for-this-photo-quot-error/m-p...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/quot-Editing-not-supported-for-this-picture-quot/m-p/453...

Best Answer

Is this bug for Pixel phones going to be fixed in a later update?

Best Answer

I'm having this same problem.  I've tried creating the group via the Fitbit.com dashboard, but that is no longer allowed.  The Dashboard says groups must be created via the app.  Since Pixel users create groups in the app, we have no way to create a group.

Best Answer

I'm also having the same error message on Pixel 3. 

Best Answer

Groups cannot be created using the dashboard anymore. I have the same issue as all the other Pixel users. Since the photo is required I cannot add a photo therefore cannot create a group. When will this bug be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes