Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you search for groups in Android app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched the forums in the past but cannot find a way to search for groups on the app. Since activity groups were taken off of the website, I can't find groups. One of the creators suggested that there is a search feature in the community heading under groups in the app, but there is not. I have the latest update of the app as I have deleted and reinstalled. Does anyone know how to search for a group by subject? If not, any Tucson area users that have recreated the group in the app please send me an invite! Thank you,

Matt

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you around @enpiwo. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the research done. It's not possible to search for groups in the Fitbit app but you can see activity groups that are already created there. 

If you are already a member of the Group, this shouldn't have been deleted and you just need to log into your app > go to today > Community > Groups and then you'll see closed groups and then open groups. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks. I was a group member before the groups were no longer supported online. This did not transfer to the app. I do not have any closed groups on the app. It is frustrating that I cannot be linked up to any of the groups I was part up. Further, it is frustrating that the "local" groups suggested are from nowhere near me. That is why I would like to be able to search. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @enpiwo. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

In this case, you will need to open again the groups or ask anyone that was in that group to reopen it and invite you to it. Your understanding is appreciated. 

You may want to vote for this idea Searching for groups within the app, those are reviewed by our team and the status given is based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No thanks. I joined a step counting group that uses a different platform. There is not a way for me to recall any of the group members from my former groups as we weren't friends. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @enpiwo. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I'm glad to hear that you're using a different platform. Hope you can continue enjoying your Fitbit tracker and reaching your goals. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ABossie51 Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Groups were removed from the online Dashboard, learn more about it by checking this article: What should I know about closed groups in the Fitbit Community? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes