Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Load Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot view messages received, a friend request continues to pop up in the messages area after I have already accepted it. Also receiving a cannot load notifications message. Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for joining the Forums @SunsetRunner! 

That's quite odd. 

It is possible that the app is taking some time to connect to the servers. Let me ask you a few questions:

• How often does it happen?
  • When did this start happening?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to get it fixed? 

In the meantime I'd recommend that you try to log out of the app and log back in. Additionally, try to clear the app's cache from your app settings and open the app again. That should help it run faster.

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

First off thanks for replying..this started happening on Jan 1, 2018.

I push accept on the friend request that keeps popping up... it takes the accpet and shows cheer, taunt, message, options for like 10 seconds and then goes back to accept or ignore option. It happens everyday it wont go away and I can't see messages nor can I see any cheers or taunts just that same friend request over and over. 

I have tried logging out and back in, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Keeps happening...I'll try clearing the cache and see how that goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for getting back to me and clarifying even further.

Let me know how the Cache clearing goes. 

Finally, how many friends do you have currently? 

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app won't let me send messages to friends, won't let me accept new friend requests or remove those I don't want to friend, and takes forever to sync. EVERY TIME I TRY! I have turned of my phone and powered back up again, I have uninstalled the fitbit app from my phone and reinstalled twice...I've even gone as far as resetting my password! UGH! Frustrated and done! HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @charityandersen.

Thanks for sharing the steps that you have tried to get your app to respond before posting. Let me try to help you.

First thing, I'd like to ask you some questions:

• What phone are you using your app with?
  • Has this always been the case or did this start recently? If so, when did it start?
  • Has the app crashed or does it only take a lot of time to respond?

In the meantime, let's try to check where the app is installed. You can go into your phone's settings and then into the app's settings. There look for the Fitbit app and tap on it. That will take you to the Fitbit app's settings where it should tell you if it is installed on the phone's internal or external storage. If it is on external, please try to move it to internal storage and give it another shot.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes