Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT syncing since 29 oct

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i cannot sync since 3 days.  always the message on my samsung Android that bluethoot cannot connect. i can connect with bluethoot on other divaces... its only my fitbit he cannot find.  i have a charge 2. it is full on battery. i will be very happy if  someone can help me with this. thx

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ccobb1 simply telling Fitbit that you don't want to use the tracker by removing it from your account will not fix a sync problem. However it usually will add problems.

We need to fix the sync problem.

Let's clear your Fitbit apps cache, or clear all cache. Not knowing which OS version I'll ask you to search the internet as to how.

Make sure your Fitbit app is up to date

I would shut off the phone and restart the tracker, then try to set up the Versa. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Have you tried

Check for updates to the Fitbit app.

Checked for app permissions on the phone?  Does Fitbit have the proper permissions?

turning the phones bluetooth off/on?

Restarted the app.

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing.
How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
Learn how your device communicates with your Fitbit account

I've also moved your Android question out of the hardware board and into the Android board.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the point in trotting out all these supposedly things to try when it's patently clear that

the syncing difficulties are due to something being changed in the latest update of the android app.

Just look at the growing number of one star ratings for the app and the growing number of dissatisfied

users of what are good products but poor software.

Any chance of an apology from Fitbit, or even an acknowledgment that the recent app update is

causing the syncing problems. I doubt it, the only thing trotted out each time is that our android

devices are not on the compatibility list.

Best Answer

@Les_WT because of the majority many people that run the most popular phone OS there have been no problems syncing.

It seems to be very few that have had problems,  and one or more of these steps have got their trackers to sync. Please remember that the community board is usually only visited by Fitbit users that are having problems, the users without problems rarely visit.

Are you asking the community of Fitbit users if Fitbit might respond?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, not being able to sync or receive notifications since Oct 13. The app says its syncing, but the last sync date remains the same .I uninstalled my Alta HR and now the app finds it, but can't connect to it.I have followed all of the steps on the help page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did all the steps as well from the help page. Frustrating! Hope someone
has a solution soon
Best Answer
0 Votes
I reinstalled the app...
Bluethoot serveral times on and off...
Removed my charged 2 and reinstalled again....
Nothing seems to work

Frustrated but thx for willing to help
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ccobb1 simply telling Fitbit that you don't want to use the tracker by removing it from your account will not fix a sync problem. However it usually will add problems.

We need to fix the sync problem.

Let's clear your Fitbit apps cache, or clear all cache. Not knowing which OS version I'll ask you to search the internet as to how.

Make sure your Fitbit app is up to date

I would shut off the phone and restart the tracker, then try to set up the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I will give it a try!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I reinstalled again the app. Switch pff my phone again and this time it was ok. I did the same thing yesterday without result.  I don't onderstand what the problem was...  but i syncing again!  Yeah!

Best Answer
Congrats!! I just have to make some time to deal with this 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich_Laue, thanks for the reply but nothing suggested by you or the others that have responded to

Fitbit users that have syncing problems work. I suspect the numbers having problems are greater  than

you suggest, there are certainly many one to three star comments against the android app in Google

Play and the number of complaints are increasing.

I'm fortunate that I have a mobile and an old tablet that both run android 5 and still sync, in fact the tablet never used to sync until the latest update. Needless to say I now have auto update switched off

a bit late for my Huawei with it's android 8 OS which didn't have a sync problem until the latest update.

I'm not asking for something I've never had, just that what I had before the update, namely the

ability to sync with the Huawei tablet, is restored.

I went through all this with my Surge some time back when an update took away some of the

sleep information, which Fitbit tried to deny we had in the first place.

As I said above I'm lucky to have a device that syncs with my Charge 2, I feel sorry for those who

aren't as lucky and have a useless tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for trying all of those steps! @Rich_Laue Thanks for being around to help out.

@Ccobb1 please do give those steps a try and let us know how it works. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure what ended up helping, but I did restart my phone and bluetooth,
and after several tries it did reconnect and start syncing. I'm not sure if
disconnecting the Alta from the app helped or not, but it was during the
reconnecting process that things eventually worked again. Fingers crossed.
Best Answer

Hello @Ccobb1.

Hopefully it will work correctly from now on! Thanks for letting us know that those steps did work. I'm sure that other users will find it useful.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issues with my Charge 2 over multiple Android devices. Sync shows a pink ! & reports "Tracker not found" even though Bluetooth shows it. Battery in app shows <50% when tracker shows 100%. No sync since last app update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Phil_D-NZ.

Thanks for sharing those details! Let me help you in getting your Fitbit to sync.

The first thing I'd like to recommend is that you follow all of the steps listed in this help article. They should definitely help you out in getting your Fitbit to sync. Also, please let me know what are the phones that you have tried to sync your Charge 2 with.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes