Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade Ionic tracker software on android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried multiple times to update the tracker software for my fitbit Ionic. While it keeps syncing hourly, the update gets stuck in Searching for your Ionic. I have re-booted phone and Ionic. I hsve unpaired and repaired the device. I have tried over wifi and Bluetooth. No connection ever seems possible

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Me too!! I have been trying for a few days now.  Even when I can get it to connect and start to update, it stays updating for hours and never completes.  I have also tried all of the re-boots and wi-fi and bluetooth. 

Best Answer

I click on the firmware update button on my phone app but it just flicks pages. 

Have also tried everything with no luck. ridiculous

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I finally did a factory reset on my Ionic, restarted everything, reinstalled the Ionic and now it works and is updated. Factory reset can be found on the Ionic under settings. G'luck!

Best Answer

I am having this problem as well. I have have the ionic and pixel 2. Have tried what feels like every possible solution, uninstalling then reinstalling app, restarting phone, restarting bluetooth, re-entering wifi information.... Been trying for hours and getting thoroughly frustrated. FitBit has the most horrendous app to device connectivity, I cannot understand how it can be so flawed, so finicky, and so irritatingly dysfunctional. 

Best Answer

Factory reset Ionic and it appears to be working, FitBit please correct these connectivity errors.

Best Answer
0 Votes