Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenges not showing who cheered

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 11/6/17 

Hey, everyone! Smiley Happy

Super happy to hear that you can finally see who has cheered you in Challenges again. Thanks for confirming with the release of the Fitbit for Android app version 2.61 you can see the picture of who has cheered you. If you're an Android user still experiencing this issue, please make sure to update the app.

Now that this has been resolved, I am going to close this thread. If any of you come across this issue again in the future, please make sure to open a new topic for discussion. Thanks to all of you for being patient while this was worked out. I'll see you all around here on the Forums!

Fitbit Update: 10/03/17

Hey, all! Please allow me to clear up some confusion. The cheers not showing up in challenges is only affecting the Android app. This is why if some of you also own iOS devices, you're still able to see cheers inside Challenges. I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. Our team is going to work on a fix, but I don't know when that fix will be released. I'll continue to post any updates here. Thanks so much for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 09/14/17

Hey, folks! Thanks for your patience while our team works on a fix. The recent Fitbit app update for Android did not contain a fix for this Challenges issue. Rest assured, once a fix has been identified and released I will make sure to announce it here in this thread.

Fitbit Update: 08/29/17

Thanks for catching this, everyone! I tested this on an Android device, with the Fitbit app version 2.56 and noticed the same result. I have escalated this to our team for review. I will provide an update once I have new information. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

"Many of us?"

Is anyone at all seeing who cheered? If so, we should find out who these are, which might help to pinpoint the problem. @AlessFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliekennard I have now confirmed that this is affecting everyone on the Fitbit for Android app. Thanks for keeping a sharp eye! Your help is appreciated. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Great! Knowing that, perhaps they can track back to when it started and undo whatever got broken.

Best Answer

My Samsung Galaxy 7S now has version 2.57.3.  Still seeing just Ghosts in the Challenges. 

@AlessFitbitI really do feel sorry for the Programmer(s) working on this.  Probably going bald if not already bald!  It must be something written deep in someone's code way back when that triggered this to happen.  Otherwise, the fix would be relatively easy, just backtracking the changes made for 2.56.

But that doesn't make it any easier for me to put up with this!!!  Woman Mad

One of my Friends has an Apple Phone.  He sees the Profile Photo.

Moderator edit: Format

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

My suspicions are that there are not too many programmers more than one working on Android, due to the length of time it seems to take to fix what could be critical errors for people deciding to purchase the device. This does not qualify as a critical error but it certainly makes using the device less enjoyable.

Best Answer

I sent an email and long story short they said they're working on it. I'm just glad I found this out before I bought the Ionic watch Fitbit has out now. I don't think I'll ever do another update for Fitbit again. This is ridiculous I know it sounds silly but the app isn't the same and it's gone on for too long. 

Best Answer
Thank you so much even for this update!
Best Answer

All working for me now, possibly since I updated to V2.58

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still not Working after the App Update and restarting my Phone 😞 

Best Answer
Still not working for me either. Tried everything.

Sent from F's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine isn't either Samsung s4
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is odd because the cheer is not working again

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting ridiculous!! A month has gone by and still not working!! 

Best Answer

Updated, and NOTHING STILL. 

stick to my original post S.O.L!

Quickly losing interest in fitbit.

Best Answer

also still not working on my LG5 phone even after the update👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Effie907, please confirm that it's your Apple iPad that can't see the Cheers or were you using an Android App when you couldn't see them?  So far, it's been only Android that couldn't see.  My Friend with an Apple Phone was able to see just fine.  I'll ask him if he's having any issues once you confirm.

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39, I also have Version 2.58.  Never did see even a temporary change in the Cheers of the Challenges.  It's only in the Adventures that I can still see the Profile Image on the Cheers. 

Android.  Samsung 7S.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BLLingg. I'm writing this message from my iPad but the issue I am having is on my cell phone which is a Droid Samsung 7S edge to be exact. As far as I know my iPad doesn't have an app for Fitbit (I looked) but I know that iPhones do.  It's just easier for me to check my emails & respond on my iPad than my cell phone. I use the Fitbit app on my cell everyday (which is a Droid)  which is why it is so frustrating that it is still not working!!!! If we were iPhone users would we still be having this problem go on for so long???  I'm never changing my cell phone to an iPhone (at  at least not in the near future)  I only got this iPad because it was free when I got my Samsung.  Anyway, I just want this nightmare to be over! 

Sent from Eff's iPad

Best Answer
I'm on a Android Phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't use any apple products....I just have an android phone. I know
others that have android, and they have the same problem. People that I
know that use the fitbit app on their Apple phone do not have the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes