Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change food entry to make it MUCH better

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

updated2.jpg

If you click on an individual food item you added, then click nutritional information you can see the carbs, fat and protein breakdown. For someone who tracks macros and is diabetic, I need to add up my carbs for each meal. it's annoying to add food then break out a calculator and tap each item and add them up. 

I'm an app designer, so to add my simple suggestion for a really easy fix. You already have the data loaded in the api for all the nutritional information and you already have colour coding for the macros. Just display this up front so users can see not only the percentage breakdown but the grams breakdown as well. this can be easily displayed beside the calories and use the same colours you're already using to make it easy. 

Also, when adding food, instead of dumping it all in frequent, categorize it by meal, so you can add based off what you ate before and don't have to look at dinner items when you're eating breakfast. 

Lastly, adding a quick add button to just repeat the full meal from the day before or when they click to add the ability to just tap the + beside a few items to add them all quickly. 

I've mocked up a screenshot on how a simple change could make the food entry MUCH better. Instead of me having to use fitbit to log sleep and exercise, my fitness pal and lifesum for food. it would be fantastic to use one great app for everything. lifesum and MFP charge $50 a year, i'd be happy to pay that in fitbit if it handled food entries as well as their apps. Could be the industry leader in fitness. 

Just a thought from a fellow designer. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@r0ssr0ss Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Thank you for sharing your idea with the community. Currently this isn't possible but you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@r0ssr0ss Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Thank you for sharing your idea with the community. Currently this isn't possible but you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes