Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Fitbit device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just purchased a new Flex 2 but my phone app won't allow me to change from my old HR. Ant thoughts?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In the app, open the menu (three lines), click devices, and click the plus icon that shows up. That's how you add a new device. Your dashboard always shows your current stats.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi, @Quakerknitter! What do you mean your phone won't allow you to change your tracker? Adding a new tracker and deleting an old tracker are two separate processes. Were you able to successfully add the Flex 2 to the account? If so, you just need to delete your old Charge HR if you are removing it from the account. The image could continue to show up on your app even if you're not actively using it if it's still linked to the account.

Best Answer
I'm not able to delete the HR or add the Flex 2, neither task is possible.
Thete seems to be no option offered for either. As soon as I hit the
Fitbit icon, the HR info (all empty) shows on the screen of my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the app, open the menu (three lines), click devices, and click the plus icon that shows up. That's how you add a new device. Your dashboard always shows your current stats.

Best Answer

Hello there, @Quakerknitter@MakMak! It is nice to see you. Were you able to setup your new tracker with the help of our good and smart friend, @MakMak

Let us know if you still have questions! Smiley Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I do still have questions.  I want to adjust some of the settings for my Flex2 and cannot find where "settings" is on the dashboard or anywhere else.  Any suggestions?  I was able to add the Flex2 and get rid of my former HR, thanks to @MakMak.

Why don't they just include directions in the packaging of each device so one doesn't need to have to run all over the internet trying to find answers and figuring out how to use one's new purchase?!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to hear you're up and running! You can find all the information you might need, including the complete product manual and a quick start guide here. However, to change your settings, you can go into the same devices menu, click on your new tracker and adjust your tracker settings there. Some of your account settings are separate (things like goals and stride length that don't vary between trackers). These can be found from the side menu, clicking account, and then tapping the gear icon.

Best Answer

if i delete my old tracker, will the existing data stay intact, or does that also get removed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kindofadraag, all your data stay with the account, not the tracker. They will remain intact.

Best Answer

Hey, @MakMak! Thanks for being so helpful and sharing your knowledge! Heart Are all of you back on track? @kindofadraag@Quakerknitter

Let us know! Man Very Happy

Best Answer

I've just synced a new flex 2 and remove a blaze. However, every time I sync it keeps going back to 10,038 steps which is what I did when I unsynced the old one. It's adding on new steps that I can see, but keeps removing when I sync. Any ideas? 

Best Answer

I need to reconnect my Fitbit blaze to a new phone... I'm not seeing that advice anywhere... Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @Jattmassive, @coachfriess! Welcome to the Forums! Cat Very Happy Hmmm...this is very weird, just a question have you checked if you unpaired the tracker from any other devices that you might have connected to it? Also, you can remove it from your bluetooth settings.

First, I'd recommend double checking that your Fitbit app for Android is updated to its latest version. Sometimes, not having the Fitbit app updated may cause inconvenience while interacting with it. To set up more than one tracker using the Fitbit app follow these easy steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and select 'Dashboard'

2. Once you're on your mobile Dashboard tap on your One's tile

3. Tap the '+' sign located in the upper right corner of your screen

4. Select 'Add or replace Fitbit device' and select your Blaze. After that you'll have to follow the prompts! Cat Happy

Keep me updated! 

Best Answer

Hi @MakMak, your solution worked great for me.  I have a charge HR but stopped wearing it since I chipped the screen.  A friend gave me her fitbit one and I was able to make the change with your help. 

Best Answer

Hey, @jdgsd! Thanks for the updates. I'm glad to hear that the suggestions provided by our good friend, @MakMak helped you resolve your situation and that your friend gave you a new Fitbit. 

Enjoy! I hope to see you around a little more, make sure to take a look around our variety of topicsHeart

Best Answer

I've returned my Alta HR and now want to register my new one keeping my stats... is that possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MaG22 wrote:

I've returned my Alta HR and now want to register my new one keeping my stats... is that possible?

@MaG22, it is not only possible, but the normal process of replacing devices.  Open the Account screen on the app, select Set Up a Device then select Replace Alta HR and follow the on-screen instructions to add the new device and it will remove the old one.  None of your data will be lost, since it resides on the Fitbit server.

Best Answer

Great Marathon Runner, relieved to receive that news.  The new one arrives tomorrow so I'll follow your instructions then.  Thanks.

Best Answer

Hello there, @MaG22@USAF-Larry! It is nice to see you, as our good friend told you this is the normal process to set up a new device. 

You can check step by step instructions here.

I hope that you are back on track with your new buddy! Cat Happy 

Also, I would like to invite you to check out our cool Discussion boards and let us get to know you a little more! 

Best Answer
0 Votes