Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Stopped Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit Charge 2 stopped syncing yesterday... I already tried all the steps as indicated in previous issues... how do we fix this?  I also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.  nothing worked.  Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hello there @charchung, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community and thank you for letting me know you tried already troubleshooting steps to address this issue.

I want to recommend to review the version of the Fitbit app, as we have been releasing new updates during the previous week which contain stability improvements. For more details please refer to this post.

I'm sure you have this version already, so I want to ask you how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? How often your tracker fails to sync? Have you reviewed if your phone is listed as compatible in our list here: https://www.fitbit.com/devices ?

Keep me posted, I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for contacting me... Steve H already sent a solution that worked.  As an additional note... the syncing was working fine until last Thursday.  Therefore the phone was compatible.... I have had the fitbit and the phone for quite a while. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Hi @charchung, thank you for keeping me posted and for letting me know the additional details.

I'm glad to hear @SteveH, one of our council members already provided you a solution. I'm happy as long you are back on track.

Stay awesome and keep participating in our Fitbit Community!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Charge2 stopped syncing last week. Have tried all the advice on the help pages and forums but no joy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought the fitbit charge 2 last week.  It synced fine with my phone to start with but that only lasted a couple days. I've tried uninstalling the app, shutting down phone, turning Bluetooth off and on, etc but no luck. And it never has given me notifications of text or calls. About to return it unless someone can help. Looked so forward to finally getting a Fit Bit so this is very disappointing. 

Best Answer

Can someone please share the solution that was posted?  Because I am experiencing the same issue.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi there @PHam3021@Kuma42009 and @sdaly. Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community and my apologies for the late response. I saw some of you have tried some recommendations to address the syncing issues.

How it goes so far, is the issue still persisting? If it does, as a matter of review visit our help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?.

If the issue continues, there has been recent releases for the Fitbit app version. I'm sure you have this version already, so it would be recommendable to restart the app: log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you until the next opportunity!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveH

Please share the solution. I am stumped.

Best Answer

@PJCizzle this is my post this is referring to:

Was one of things you tried a restart of your Charge 2 using this procedure?

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If so, how many times did you try it? It's known to not always work and it's recommended to try it at least 3 times.

Best Answer

I have dame problem both with Charge2 first and then Blaze. I altso try to er establish the app and what I  get i unusable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So it isn't just me?  Very frustrating!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

My app and my Fitbit firmware are both current version, yet for the past two weeks in a row, when I want to sync, I have actually had to UNINSTALL and reinstall the app (then re-adding the tracker and re-entering the code).  I have had to do this twice already (and am fully expecting to have to keep doing it, which totally sucks). The "reboot by holding the button down" thing has *not* worked for me.  I have spent almost 2 hours (cumulatively) on the phone with Fitbit support over this problem, but gotten no root cause and no fulfilling solution.  My phone is a new Samsung Galaxy S8 (less than 6 months old), so not exactly an old/obscure phone (and all of its software is current too). Have spent time playing around with Bluetooth and Wireless settings, etc.  But by the end of the last call, they were starting to tell me that I need to buy a new tracker (ridiculous, since my current one (a replacement) is only about a year old (if that)).....and then the tracker suddenly synched (following app reinstall and tracker re-add).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am fed up.
Best Answer
I can identify all this in my own situation. Now I have 2 trackers that do
not work.
Best Answer

I will give it a wirl. Thank you for responding

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the s9 and yes my charge is also less than a year

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this 10 times. No luck.
Best Answer
I am going to put my fitbits in the drawer. Final.
Best Answer

Third week IN A ROW......same **ahem** problem where it will not sync......

Stop the madness....

Best Answer