Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 cannot be added as a device with Honor 5c

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received the Charge 2 over the weekend and was really disappointed to see that it can't be added as a device with the FitBit app on my phone. I'm using an Honor 5c.

I was quite taken aback by this compatibility issue and I'm thoroughly disappointed. Is there a workaround for this? 

Is there a possible solution in sight?

If not, I will be forced to return the product and will have to think twice before investing in a 'Fitbit'.

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Looking at the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices it shows the Honor 3C, 3X and 6 but not the 5C. This suggests to me that there is some sort of incompatibility. If this is a hardware issue then there will be no fix. If it is software then it may be resolved but fitbit do not tend to publicise their plans.

Unless you have access to a different phone or perhaps a computer then it may be best to return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have recently bought a P9 lite and have been incredibly frustrated as it doesn't work with my  Flex 2. It doesn't pair with my husband's Honor 7 either. Fitbit have said the phone has all the necessary hardware but they haven't tested it  yet.  They can give no date for when this might change and I'm about to return my tracker.

When I checked Carphone Warehouse last week only 4 out of 55 Android phones were listed as compatible - the most expensive Samsungs.

Fitbit can't tell me how many Android phones have been added in the last six months so I guess that's a zero. 

Shocking customer service and misleading advertising.  Just return it! 3

Best Answer

This is 2017  - transparency and honesty are of paramount importance, IF you want to retain your brand image and your customer base, not to mention reaching out to new customers.

It cannot be a hardware issue per se. And if it is, it should be clearly published for all of us to see, i.e.

- this is what we tested

- this is what the issue was

- we can/cannot fix this

- we plan to fix this by this date in the future (keeping required buffers in mind)

- meanwhile, you can download this (link), for example, patch which will enable you to continue using this product

Moreover, the fact that a large number of devices is unsupported needs to show up more prominently on product packaging, sites, perhaps as a pop-up.

Fitbit - you cannot mislead people like this.

Best Answer

Absolutely agree, they just told me I should have checked compatibility and that when I accepted the terms and conditions for the app I was agreeing to use a compatible device!

They have even told me to suggest better compatibility as a good Idea on their feature suggestion page- if it gets enough votes they MIGHT think about implementing it!!

I've now been blocked from their Facebook page for "reaching out" and suggesting a "cool new game" of GUESS MY STEPS. The Flex 2 was released just before Christmas when they must have had full knowledge that it won't work with most Android phones. It has NO DISPLAY other than 5 LEDs so it is as good as useless without a phone. 

ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE FITBIT!!

Best Answer

Is there a way to even get this across to the teams that matter? Is all of this falling to deaf ears?

I'm getting a feeling that this community is just for us to vent.

Is there a process surrounding all of this?

Best Answer

I haven't managed to find it yet if there is. I think these forums are mostly populated by people who already own a Fitbit. They REALLY don't like negative comments on social media. I'm hoping that big retailers will take notice and put pressure on. John Lewis have said they're looking into it, the assistant in the Cambridge shop said they have lots of returns for this reason.

I just don't understand Fitbit's commercial reasoning, unless they're in league with Apple and Samsung!

Best Answer

If there is someone from Fitbit Inc reading this - would you be so kind so as to respond?

@Katebob66, removing you from FB is cruel. It's the United Airlines way, it seems.

@SteveH, thanks a lot for trying to help - just want to know if you have the ways and means to communicate these grievances to Fitbit at large.

Best Answer

I have Charge 2, my wife has Alta HR.

I bought both couple weeks ago, now we needed to renew one phone and purchased Honor 7 Lite and noticing later only 2 supported phone models in market.

I have contacted support using chat, they have escalated my question and now they have one week time to reply.

If they are not replying I will start return procedure with both Fitbit devices. 

As a backup there are already 2pcs of Mi Band 2 ordered.

It's hard to believe new phones are added anytime soon, just my personal feeling about issue.
It looks like adding new phones has almost stopped 1-2 years ago and every reply from this issue is BS about 'so many new phones in market' or 'it's time consuming work to test'.

Best Answer

@PKI, you received a response to your issue?

That's encouraging. I am still waiting for that to happen. Not sure if Fitbit even has a process for monitoring discussion forums.

Best Answer

@Raydioactiv82 actually from 'Community' I had only 'stardard' reply about 'check supported devices list time to time and we are adding phones'.

My contact to Fitbit has been using chat and didn't give up before they promised to send my question forward to superiors.

It's kinda pity, because Fitbit feels good product but support/development  sucks badly.

Now just waiting 2 things.. Fitbit answer and Mi Band 2 to arrive.

I paid other unit using Paypal, so if answer from Fitbit delays.. maybe I can make Paypal dispute and get my money back anyway. 

Before even knowing Supported Devices list and this Community, I thought that because this works with Android it will work with every Android phone.. my biggest mistake loooong time.

Best Answer

@Raydioactiv82 I have previously contacted fitbit to try and get clarification on this but I am still not sure how it works. What we do know is:

If the phone is on the supported list then it will work or, if not, it can be made to work with help from either the community or customer support.

If the phone is not on the supported list then it is one of two situations:

Either the phone has yet to be tested by fitbit so it may or may not work. It does not have to be on the list to work. My current phone is not on the list yet works fine. That is why it is always recommended to try a phone that's not on the list.

The other situation is that the phone has been tested but has been proven to not work. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing what the situation is with a particular phone.

I have seen nothing in the community that suggests that a phone that does not currently work will, or even can, be made to work by changes to the fitbit app, the fitbit firmware or the phone's firmware. That is why my advice is that if you have a phone that is not on the supported list and does not work then rather than wait for a fix, look for an alternative phone or an alternative fitbit tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveH, I'm really not a fan of walking away from things that are just 'wrong'. The packaging for Fitbit products + their website must clearly state in  flashing letter, if possible, 'please note: this product may not be compatible with your device - please check this before proceeding further'.

The lack of information and the lack of a proper disclaimer is not forgivable and should not be endorsed.

Fitbit needs to address this immediately.

Best Answer

@ all, is there any kind of  global consumer forum where I can raise this as an issue?

Just to be clear - my issue isn't limited to the fact that it doesn't synch with the Honor 5c. While that's definitely of importance, my main problem is: the lack of transparency online (as I've mentioned in my earlier posts).

Best Answer

Is there any update on this?

Is there any clarity on when the Charge 2 will be supported?

Best Answer

Fitbit only informs 'check supported devices list..' and 'we are adding new phones..' thats all, nothing really happens or no real solutions to problems.

Honor 5c has been in markets approx 1 year and Fitbit RD is too busy to fix issues or publish roadmap of different phone models or real specifications needed to work with Fitbit (bluetooth specs).

Looks like most/all of phone models (bluetooth version 4.0 - 4.1) will never be supported and no explanation why.

I'm returning my Alta HR because not working with any known 'reasonable priced' phones, to me over 500 Eur Samsung is not 'reasonable priced' and Apple is not acceptable to my home.

Best Answer

I've just had a post removed for breaching community guidelines. Apparently we can't post a similar comment on more than one forum. 

I find this really ironic when we all get the same response to our problems.

I've been blocked on two different Facebook accounts too, I suspect we're finally getting noticed! 

Whether we'll make a difference is a totally different matter!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So will they ever implement compatibility with Honor 5c? This is important Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer