Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not compatible with Razer Phone 2, wont update tracker and app crashes rather often

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the latest update for the charge 2 my phone (Razer phone 2) has had difficulty with the tracker. I cannot proceed with updating the tracker. I have tried all of the methods described in the forums, and a few extras. I asked customer support for advice and was simply told Fitbit is not optimized or compatible with the Razer phone. The app never crashed before the update. My issue is that I am constantly being asked to update the software on the tracker by the app and I get frustrated when it doesn't work. There are clearly a number of people having a similar issue with Fitbit/Razer phone compatibility as can be seen on the forums. I would like to know is this issue being looked at by the app developers. I suffer with rather extreme frustration/anxiety when it comes to notifications and updates on my phone not being completed. I like to keep everything neat and tidy. 

People have responded to this question in the past with the vague phrase, " our developers are constantly looking to optimize more devices, blah blah blah." But is there an actual timescale on this? I am seriously considering either replacing my phone, or Fitbit because of this which would be a great shame because I have grown rather fond of both devices. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SunsetRunner, I would be very cautious about the firmware update for the actual charge 2 tracker. This has had a disastrous effect on some. Battery life reduced to minutes, totally dead trackers etc. On the charge 2 forum there are many very upset owners who will probably never buy another fitbit. 

Fitbit have pushed out rubbish app updates, followed by the new format app and for charge 2 owners the added joy of firmware that bricks the tracker. The thing is not to get confused about which type of update is causing which problem. I haven't loaded the firmware and still have most functions on my charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having similar issue. My razer phone recognize the Tracker. Enter the generated code on the tracker and the phone keep connecting without result. 

I already restarted both phone and tracker multiple times, reinstalled app several times, completely remove/forget tracker and delete tracker from my account. 

I could not get the phone to connect with the tracker.

Have anyone else has other lead on solutions?

Thanks,

Long

Best Answer