Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing on Samsung Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having this problem for a couple weeks that my Charge 2 won't sync on my Samsung Galaxy S8. I have never had this issue before. I have uninstalled and re=installed from app store at least 3 times. When I complete this action it syncs then in a few days it won't sync again.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @Ladyhdrider.

Thanks for letting us know what you have tried already.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to turn on the Always Connected feature, that should improve. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Open the app and tap the account tab, on the top left corner.
  2. Tap the picture of your Charge 2.
  3. Scroll all the way down and turn the 'Always Connected' option off.

That should improve the connection between the phone and the Charge 2.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution seems to have corrected the syncing issue. Great job!

Best Answer

I have been restarting my galaxy s8 at least daily since the last update.  It now will not sync at all and is not counting the steps accurately.  I noticed in your reply you said make sure the always connected is turned on, then later in the same instructions to turn it to always off.

I, too, didn't have any problems until the last update and its very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ladyhdrider and @walkerDB.

@Ladyhdrider Glad to read that everything seems to be working correctly now!

@walkerDB Thank you for trying all of those steps before posting and for catching that. I'll correct it.

In that case let's try to set up the Fitbit as if it was a brand new device. That should definitely help out in getting it to work correctly again.

As for the inaccurate steps, could you tell me more about it? How inaccurate is it? How and when did you notice?

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lanuza,
Thank you for your quick response and fix for my problem. Its syncing all
day and the step counts seem accurate.
In regards to steps, it's been since the last update. Walking 10 minutes or
an hour it would often register no steps. That seems to be corrected.
Now we'll see if my GPS will pick up consistently...
Best Answer
This isn't my issue. Fitness Pal is showing a 0 adjustment  between Fitbit calories burned and fitness pal calories burned.??
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @walkerDB and @Ladyhdrider.

@walkerDB Great news, thanks for letting me know. If you have the time maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards.

@Ladyhdrider In that case I'd recommend that we try to disconnect the two apps from each other and then try to connect them together once again. That should do the trick in getting the information to cross over.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes