Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 showing just basic sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After months of perfect working for the last ten days I have received only basic sleep details. I have restarted the tracker, re-paired with my phone to no avail.  Any ideas? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello there @timpars, thank you for seeking help in our Fitbit Community, welcome aboard. I was reading your sleep stages are not available in the past days and only basic data is being recorded despite you have tried different ways to resolve this.

There are a few scenarios where your tracker is unable to read your sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Make sure none of the previous circumstances are affecting your sleep.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that but I have tried all that. I have not changed how I wear my
tracker and am disturbed that this should be so sudden and prolonged. It
feels to be as if the tracker has developed a fault.
Best Answer

Hello there @timpars, thank you for keep me posted and for letting me know you have tried all the indications mentioned before. 

Is the app telling you why you are not getting sleep stages? Right down below the sleep graph summary, there is a message you need to tap in order to learn more about the reason you are not seeing sleep stages in your Dashboard.

If this message is not available, make sure to turn on all-day sync from the Fitbit app settings.

Let me know if you are able to see this. See you soon!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto. 

I can see the link but all it does is take me to the help page with the same advice that you gave me and that I had already seen. So not really helpful. 

Best Answer

Hello @timpars, thank you for keeping me posted about this issue you are experiencing.  As previously mentioned on that article, while you’re sleeping, your device tracks the beat-to-beat changes in your heart rate, known as heart rate variability (HRV),  which fluctuates as you transition between the various sleep stages.

If there is not enough information to calculate this, your old sleep pattern, which doesn’t require heart rate, will be shown instead. It is important to know that HRV data is different than standard heart rate data. So, although you may be seeing steady heart rate data throughout the night, we cannot guarantee you will receive Sleep Stages.  

For this reason I would like to recommend to swap the hand where  you are using your tracker as a matter of test. Some user have mentioned this help to tracker sleep stages.

Keep me posted if this helps. You got me here if the issue continues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto

Thanks for your continued help on lthis issue. Unfortunately I have already tried changing hands and it made no difference  I am increasingly coming to believe that my tracker had developed a fault in some way. I i tend to endeavour to have it replaced by my retailer as it is still covered by their warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @timpars, thank you for letting me know that despite all the troubleshooting steps we have tried the issue continue. My apologies for the late response and thank you for all your patience. I have compile all the information you have shared with me.

Our teams are aware of this behavior and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Let me know any change in your sleep logs. See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have subscribed and am following this and the many other threads regarding the missing sleep stages. I have also tried every suggestion made by the moderators and other users in this and the other threads, but have not gotten sleep stage data since March 4. The message I keep getting is that the tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while I slept. Other than duct taping the tracker to the area near my heart, I've run out of ideas as to what else I can do.

Charge 2 | Android Galaxy S7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interestingly March 4 was my last proper sleep pattern as well.

However I have to report that last Thursday my tracker began reporting correct sleep patterns again and has continued to do so, so far. I have changed nothing which leads me to believe a software issue, which Fitbit seem now to have adnittwd. Watch this space. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interestingly March 4 was my last proper sleep pattern as well.

However I have to report that last Thursday my tracker began reporting correct sleep patterns again and has continued to do so, so far. I have changed nothing which leads me to believe a software issue, which Fitbit seem now to have admitted. Watch this space. 

Best Answer

Yet again a whole string of basic sleep  details. I'm getting to the point where if I could afford it I would toss my charge 2 in the bin and look for something new. And please don't come back to me with the standard blurb ( I know you will anyway). I've tried all the usual tricks and I haven't changed anything about my skeep or the tracker. 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. I had had device since December and have been getting full sleep cycle data. For past 10 days I am just getting basic sleep info. I have followed all the trouble shooting advice as listed above also and the problem persists. I am not doing anything different to before when I was getting data, I have made sure it charged etc etc.

Has your issue been fixed? and if so how?

Best Answer
Hi there
I have not had any extra response from Fitbit. Quite frankly their support
is not very supportive to put it politely.

However I have found that when my charge 2 starts to produce basic I make
sure that the sensor array is thoroughly clean. It accumulates general muck
from your skin. I make sure that the edges are free from debris and polish
the lens with glasses cleaner or similar.

For me this seems to work. I emphasise the 'seems' because it's early days
as yet but so far so good.

I don't wear my Charge when washing or showering (it's a good time to put
it on charge).

I hope this helps (it may be pseudoscience!)

Tim.

--

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer

Thanks timpars, I did give it a really good clean and I have now got some sleep data.

However I was reading somewhere else about a sync issue.... something along the lines of it getting a bit out of sync and then the app losing the beat to beat variability and it being unable to recover it. On a couple of occasions I have seen the data there, it has synced again a few seconds later and then it's been replaced with basic data so this could also be the explanation?

Anyway the way to fix that is to sync before sleep and then turn off your phone's Bluetooth (or turn off the whole phone) turn Bluetooth back when you wake up an sync again.

I did both last night, so maybe the sensor needed a clean and maybe there is a sync issue that is destroying the detail in the HR data, I am not sure which 'fixed it' on this occasion.

Thanks again for your reply and help, much appreciated.

Jx

Best Answer

Thanks, I will try that as nothing else has worked so far, although it does seen very random.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I've been having similar issues. I used the app and clicked the begin sleep now. It showed the sleep stages. Then they disappeared and it reverted to showing the basic information. This seems to be a fault. Can it be fixed?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes