Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not receiving textra notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Within the last week, my fitbit has stopped receiving textra notifications. I always received notifications since purchasing the charge 3, so I'm not sure what caused the change.

I have tried everything to get it to work - restarted my fitbit, disconnected and reconnected bluetooth, reset my notifications, uninstalled and reinstalled fitbit software, uninstalled and reinstalled textra.

I'm on a moto G7 with Android 9.0. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I figured out the problem for now... One of the recent Fitbit updates screwed it up so I uninstalled the current version and then I downloaded a previous version from June, I'm getting all my notifications from textra now! I haven't heard back from textra yet but looking like Fitbit update is the issue

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @eflax  be sure you have the latest Fitbit app and the latest firmware for your Fitbit. Your phone isn't is on the list of compatible devices? click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had previously re-installed the fitbit app and it did not work. My firmware appears to be up to date - 1.63.5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has also stopped working just recently! I just emailed textra but haven't heard back yet!

Best Answer

@Kounyk glad to hear I'm not the only one, but also bummed it's not working! Please let me know if you hear anything back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Definitely will.... This is so frustrating... I tried everything too!
Best Answer
Google a previous version from June, uninstall the current version and then download the old one... it works for me now
Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured out the problem for now... One of the recent Fitbit updates screwed it up so I uninstalled the current version and then I downloaded a previous version from June, I'm getting all my notifications from textra now! I haven't heard back from textra yet but looking like Fitbit update is the issue
Best Answer

I have the Charge2 and I needed to perform a factory reset on my moto G6 which means all apps are installed from the latest versions kept on Google Play.  The current Fitbit app does NOT allow notifications from Textra and the version of Textra that was working is the same on the phone now.  It is Fitbit that's been updated since and now does NOT work!

I performed all settings in the Fitbit app that does allow notifications to Textra.  Something appears out of sorts and it appears to be in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  Same issue for me as well

Best Answer
0 Votes